This course integrates the core functions of business management with financial accounting in the context of football and sports organisations and governing bodies. The degree monitors the intense media coverage of contemporary football issues to apply relevant themes to stimulate and enhance the student learning experience.
The interconnected facets of football business are applied across a diverse range of assessment strategies to provide students with a contextual insight of how sources of finance affect an organisation’s performance, and how that performance affects an organisation’s bottom line. This degree will prepare students for a career in commercial business and finance, both inside and outside the sector.
Student Case Study – Nelson Ntumba
Why did you choose this degree course?
I chose my degree course because I wanted to find out what goes on behind the scenes of a football club financially. Furthermore, it was a one of a kind opportunity to actually be able to study something which was based on the sport that I’ve loved since I was a child. I could not miss the chance to make my dream a reality.
Why did you choose this university?
I chose this university because they had the relevant resources to help me achieve my career goal. This is supported by the proven track record of more than half of their graduates already heading into employment in the football industry. Also, there is a friendly atmosphere which you can sense has always been a part of UCFB. From the staff to the students, it feels like a place you never want to leave once you’ve entered.
Three things you love about the degree course
- Having high profile people within the industry give students an insight to what it’s really like and the advice on how to succeed in the future.
- The helpful staff who give accurate presentations and do their best to offer their support when it comes to assignments, presentations and exam revision.
- It is unique in the fact it is a world first in the sport industry, meaning it’s different from other institutions who offer the normality of courses and have to follow the same structure.
Three things you love about university life
- The city life is great for students to enjoy and complete their hobbies in their own unique way.
- The prospect of meeting new friends and learning about other people who study at the same institution as you is exhilarating.
- The prospect of having your own freedom to do whatever you want and learn more about how to live independently is a great learning curve into becoming an adult.
What career are you looking to move into once you graduate and why?
I am looking to have a career in the sport industry as an agent. This is because I believe I can nurture home-grown talent and can look after them by being in charge of the business side which includes contracts and endorsements. I trust my abilities and skills which is why I have the aspirations in being an agent.