Did you know?
- Top 20 for ‘Course Satisfaction’ – Guardian Uni Guide 22
- Top 10 for ‘Research Quality’ – Complete Uni Guide 22
- 2nd in UK for Clubs & Societies – WHATUNI? 2020
- Bangor is an affordable student city in a beautiful location that is easy to get to
- 4thBest place in the world to visit (Lonely Planet 2017)
Watch our videos on YouTube to explore our courses and facilities, and find out what makes Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences at Bangor University so special.
If you want a sports science degree with a touch of adventure then our degrees will suit you.
Undergraduate degrees include:
You can find out more on the sport science undergraduate subject page or go straight to the course listings page to see all undergraduate courses available. Degrees include:
- Adventure Sport Science
- Sport & Exercise Science
- Sport and Exercise Psychology (accredited by the BPS)
- Sport Science, PE & Coaching
- Sport Science: Strength & Conditioning
Postgraduate degrees include:
You can find out more on the sport science postgraduate subject page or go straight to the course listings page to see all undergraduate courses available. Degrees include:
- Exercise Rehabilitation
- Performance Psychology (Distance learning online course)
- Sport & Exercise Physiology
- Sport & Exercise Psychology (BPS accredited)
- Sport & Exercise Science
To apply online for our postgraduate courses please visit our website.
Bangor also promises a stunning location set between the mountains of Snowdonia and the sea; probably one of the best university locations for pursuing sport and outdoor activities.
The city itself is a small, friendly cathedral city that offers a safe and affordable place to live and free membership of all student clubs and societies offers students a wealth of experiences outside the lecture hall.
Future Career and Employability
The Bangor Employability Award enables students to build on their transferable skills through the recognition of activities they become involved in during their university life. Students can gain points towards the award through extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, attending workshops or actively participating in the Students’ Union’s clubs and societies.
Employability is also a key part of all postgraduate degrees and we have a dedicated ‘Supervised Experience’ module to give students direct experience of how their studies can be applied to the wide variety of careers they can go into with one of our degrees.
Research and Facilities
All our degrees give you the opportunity to work with our staff renowned for their expertise.
Institute for Applied Human Physiology whose mission is to advance applied physiology knowledge with the purpose of improving human performance and health. Our staff pursue this mission under three key themes: Sport Performance, Preventative and Rehabilitative Medicine, People and the Environment.
In sport and exercise psychology, the Institute for the Psychology of Elite Performance’s mission is to develop world-leading research that informs performance excellence in all domains where performance excellence is central. Staff collaborate with organisations including the Ministry of Defence (e.g. leadership), UK Sport and individual sports (e.g. England and Wales Cricket Board, Rugby Football Union).
As you’d expect, Bangor University is well resourced to support the full range of scientific study in sport, health and exercise physiology/psychology, motor control and learning, exercise rehabilitation and motion analysis. Facilities include:
- exercise physiology testing and rehabilitation laboratories, equipped with an Ultrasound and Isokinetic Dynamometer;
- environmental and hypoxia chambers – to allow testing in extreme temperature and humidity conditions and at simulated high altitudes;
- a dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scanner
- motion analysis and psychomotor testing laboratories
- psychology testing laboratories including a driving simulation and observation/interview suite;
- cell biology and biochemistry laboratories.