We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
West Ham United Foundation are looking for a Youth Engagement Officer to assist the Football Development Manager and the School Leadership Team to support, plan, deliver and evaluate educational programmes within Great Baddow High School, Chelmsford.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver the following: –
• Develop and implement a Mentoring programme for students, in conjunction with the behaviour, attendance and safeguarding teams within the school. The mentoring programme will:
– Have a significant (though not exclusive) focus on PPG students
– Support students to improve attendance
– Enable students to improve engagement and behaviour in lessons and around the school
– Support students to learn strategies to improve their wellbeing, self esteem, mental health, etc.
• Develop and deliver group workshops/programmes, in line with school priorities. Such programmes may include: early intervention for school based anxiety; social skills; healthy bodies and minds; physical activities to improve wellbeing, etc.
• Ensure all classroom activities are safe and suitable for all participants involved.
• Supervise and support students ensuring protocols are followed at all times.
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Headteacher to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and salary.
Specifically the WHU Foundation Youth Engagement Officer will:
• Deliver high quality educational provision that is inclusive to all
• Ensure the delivery of individual tailored programmes set by WHUF and key partners
• Develop & maintain effective and positive relationships with all partner and community organisations
• Deliver and maintain all Premier League reviewing processes and reporting twice yearly.
WHU Foundation Youth Engagement Officer will be supported in their work by:
• Supervision in the workplace from Programme Development Manager and GBHS Senior Staff
• Supported in the workplace from the Football Development Officer and Great Baddow High School Safeguarding Team.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: – Essential (E) Desirable (D) Trainable (T)
• Higher Education qualification (D)
• An A Level in either English, Maths or Science (D)
• A to C GCSE in Maths, Science and English (E)
• A Level 2 sporting qualification (D)
• Safeguarding Awareness Training and First Aid Certificate (E)
• Enhanced DBS Check (E)
• A qualification in Mentoring young people (E)
• Demonstrate an understanding of mentoring (E)
• Demonstrate a good understanding of how to engage young people (E)
• Demonstrate an understanding teaching and increasing learning within young people (E)
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills, which are culturally competent (E)
• ICT Literate (E)
• Demonstrable skills in negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution (E)
• Able to work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote sports participation (E)
• Able to communicate with participants, partner agencies and the public. (E)
• Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and work within deadlines (E)
• Flexible working in accordance with the requirements of the service which will include working evenings and weekends where applicable. (E)
• Commitment to develop and improve own performance and CPD (E)
• Ability to work independently, line manage, supervise and motivate team members (E)
• Strong commitment to quality service delivery (E)
• Ability to get on with a wide range of people (E)
• Ability to monitor and evaluate programme delivery and report writing (E)
To apply, please email you CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 20th July 2021
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted