Middlesbrough Football Club is looking to recruit a full time Lead Youth Development Phase Coach to work predominately with the under 15 and under 16 squads. Working under the Head of Coaching and Academy Manager the successful candidate will be expected to plan, deliver and evaluate sessions in line with the Club’s coaching and playing philosophy.
The role will primarily be based at the Training Ground at Rockliffe Park, Hurworth, match day coaching will also be a fundamental part of this role. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing individual support to selected players, producing individual learning plans and maintaining records via the PMA (Performance Management System) ensuring requirements of the Academy’s EPPP category 1 status are maintained. Developing close links to all Academy departments will be critical in succeeding in this role.
- Hold a UEFA A Licence (Level 4).
- Have completed the FA Advanced Youth Award.
- Have experience in a professional football club environment, working with youth players. A professional playing career would also be advantageous.
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent organisation skills.
- Ideally have experience of using a variety of computer software packages, including the PMA (Performance Management Application).
- Thrive on the challenges of working in a successful Academy and have a flexible approach to working hours to facilitate meeting all the demands of this role.
- Hold a full driving licence and have use of a vehicle.
The Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAIF) qualification would be advantageous, or a willingness to complete it within 6 months. This position will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
An attractive salary is offered which will be discussed with shortlisted candidates. Interviews will be held in the week commencing Monday 25th November 2019.