Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
This exciting role will support the delivery of an excellent physiotherapy programme to England Women’s pathway teams (U14 – U20), helping to develop healthy and available players who are ready to perform now and in the future.
- Lead the delivery of proactive physiotherapy and related services to a specific women’s team/s as required
- Support the development and delivery of a physiotherapy and performance medicine curriculum for pathway teams, in line with the Blueprint for Success
- Support player development through the delivery of individual Athlete Health Plans for England players on camp and off camp
- Support the acute injury management and rehabilitation of England players in line with department frameworks
- Ensure clear communication of player status to coaching staff and other multi-disciplinary team (MDT) members on camp, and between camps.
- Contribute to the planning and review of England team events through the MDT process
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies and related educational content for key aspects of performance medicine to support best practice in the preparation and management of players for international football
- Keep physiotherapy records of all consultations, ensuring records are confidential and secure via an Athlete Management System
- Effectively capture, record, and utilize data to support player management
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with women’s national coaches and performance support staff to ensure an effective multi-disciplinary approach to delivery
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with physiotherapy and medical colleagues in clubs to enable knowledge of and management of international players to ensure a smooth and effective transition of care between environments
- Support a team of consultant physiotherapists to ensure consistent ways of working
- Ensure the management of camp related kit and consumables for specific womens team/s as required
- Assist in the leadership and delivery of key internal and external projects which underpin future service development
- Support the delivery of the womens pathway physiotherapy plan of work, and the wider Womens Technical Strategy as required
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
- Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
- Member of the CSP or equivalent
- BSc in Physiotherapy or the equivalent
- MSc in Sports Physiotherapy, Strength and Conditioning, Sports Medicine, or another related field (or currently completing)
- Extensive experience as a physiotherapist in elite sport
- Excellent evidence-based physiotherapy and rehabilitation delivery skills
- Knowledge and experience of implementing a preventative model of care at a systems level
- Outstanding ability to communicate and build relationships with players, staff, and wider groups of stakeholders
- Ability to interpret and utilize data related to athlete health and physical performance
- Experience utilizing Athlete Management Systems, and Microsoft operating systems
- Track record of successfully integrating into a MDT of staff
- Good planning and prioritisation skills
- Current ATMMIF qualification, or recognized equivalent
- Knowledge of the women’s game
- Experience in international sport
- Experience in international or club football
- Special expertise in long term athlete development/adolescent medicine, data science/research, rehabilitation, or female athlete health
- Experience working in multiple sports, or in differing cultures/environments
Interviews are currently scheduled to take place on the 14th and 17th May 2021.
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.