The role at Women in Sport is suitable for someone who already has a strong grasp of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and has been managing and setting up research projects from scratch. You should also have a passion for understanding what makes people tick and be able to translate that understanding into compelling stories which inspire others. You should be comfortable selecting the appropriate methodologies, running your own research, moderating focus groups, conducting interviews, and analysing results, as well as managing research agencies to design and deliver research for our larger projects.
As a member of the Women in Sport team staff you will also support the delivery of the Women in Sport Research and Advice Service. You will share knowledge, experience and advice through a proactive support service to ultimately prevent women and girls missing out on the lifelong benefits of sport.
- Advising on appropriate data collection methods, designing and managing both qualitative and quantitative projects, from briefing, writing questionnaires and discussion guides through to analysis, reporting and presenting the findings verbally and in written reports.
- Conducting your own qualitative interviews and focus groups and setting up simple questionnaires (e.g. On survey monkey) in-house
- Commissioning research with external research agencies and managing to achieve the highest standards of work, on time and to budget.
- Interpreting the findings and deriving clear recommendations to drive action in policy change or innovation from the work done.
- Presenting findings externally to our partners and the wider sports sector, at meetings, workshops and events.
- Developing clear and compelling presentations and reports.
- Monitoring and compiling Women in Sport and third-party information and researching and writing literature reviews.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of two Insight Officers, allocating their workload and supporting the Head of Insight with their professional development.
- Managing and monitoring the insight budget and expenditure.
- Building relationships and credibility with external stakeholders and insight counterparts.
- Working closely with the Communications team to provide the information and support necessary to recommend subject matter for consumer campaigns and contributing insight content.
- Working closely with the innovation team to help them generate ideas from the insights and to provide monitoring and evaluation for their programmes of work.
- Supporting the Head of insight and innovation with Women in Sport insight strategy and business plans.
For careers advice and access more vacancies in sports business visit our Sports Business section.