Maidenhead United Woman FC are searching for a new member of staff, a fully qualified physiotherapist.
This role is for the forthcoming season and matchdays only.
The successful candidate with have the following:
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acute Intervention: To direct the injury management of all first team.
- Injury Prevention: Reduce the risk of injury occurrence in all first team players with the development of appropriate screening and injury prevention strategies.
- Rehabilitation: Design evidence based protocols for return to full function of all first team players to allow them to compete at the highest level whilst minimising the risk of reoccurrence of injury.
- To provide pitch side medical cover for first team matches.
- To work effectively with the football coaches to develop practices that incorporate physical, tactical, technical and mental components so that time spent training maximises the parameters as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Work with other members of the multidisciplinary team to improve performance through developing, implementing and evaluating rehabilitation programs
- Assist with the physical testing at regular times throughout the season, helping to monitor and assess training load.
- Work effectively with other support staff and services, including sport science/strength and conditioning/sports physician/medical services, to provide an integrated approach to performance enhancement
- Undertake any other reasonable duties for the Manager, Sports Science/Conditioning Department, or other club staff members as may be requested
- • A BSc in Physiotherapy.
- • A post graduate qualification would be advantageous
- • A current membership with the Health Professions Council
- FA ATMMiF qualification
- Indemnity insurance
- Experience of working with athletes and treating sporting injuries in a team environment
- The ability to assess injury, design and deliver individual rehabilitation programmes
- The ability to effectively communicate, both written and orally, in a clear and logical manner
- The knowledge and expertise to promote the health and wellbeing of players
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a satisfactory enhanced CRB check
Part-time hours: 4-8 per week