We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
To oversee and manage the staff and players in the phase. This will include both delivery and planning and reviewing as an MDT but also leading the match day for both age groups. Delegate to staff to ensure a collaborative approach is used and demand high standards for both players and staff on and off the pitch
Our VISION is to build on our iconic history and create an environment of excellence & high standards that ensures our worldwide reputation as an outstanding producer of talented players & people from within our diverse community… all developed ‘The West Ham Way’.
- To support & help drive a culture of learning within the academy environment
- To consistently produce work of the highest standards in all areas of the Phase to be self-reflective as a phase
- Oversee for the match-day preparation and performance of each Squad and the subsequent reviewing of individual player performances in line with Academy procedures across the phase
- To have the required qualifications for their current role & continue to develop self
- Responsible for ensuring players have an IDP with the use of mentors to support this across the phase with evidence of what & when support happens
- All training sessions & TMR’s to uploaded to the PMA within 48 hours of the event across the phase
- Attend phase lead meetings monthly to plan & review against the syllabus, playing style & phase specific issues
- Lead the planning, preparation and delivery of the Coaching sessions in line with the Academy Philosophy and a multi-disciplinary approach in own phase
- To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
- To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
- Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
- It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: – Essential (E) Desirable (D)
- Advanced Youth Award (E)
- Level 4 (UEFA A) Coaching Certificate (E)
- Emergency Aid Certificate (E)
- Minimum two years previous experience in similar role. (E)
- Member of the FA Coaches Club (D)
- Enhanced DBS (or ability to obtain) (E)
|Desired Staff Behaviours
The West Ham Way
|ü I always put the needs of the team and players first
ü I respect everyone’s contribution & opinion.
ü I will represent, share & celebrate the history and values of West Ham United and it’s community.
|ü I always aim to promote ambition, creativity & confidence
ü I invest time into my personal development and try to develop new skills.
ü I am open to new ideas and trying things outside my comfort zone
|Hard Working||Attitude +|
|ü I always give 100% all-the time
ü I strive to add extra value beyond my job description
ü I encourage & promote a hard-working environment by leading by example.
|ü I am always respectful, approachable and always display good sportsmanship.
ü I will leave my ego at the door
ü I always aim to be humble, committed and reliable