Casual U10s Academy Coach (Bath)
Department: FDSC- Academy
Accountable to: Bath Academy Manager (Bath)
Location: University of Bath
Criminal Record- Level of Criminal record Check Required: Enhanced (Children’s barred list)
Contract Type: Casual
What is the role?
This role offers the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to coach our U10’s Academy group at our Bath Campus. The main responsibility will be to coach the group on several evenings during the week and take fixtures on the weekend. This will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a progressive learning environment, which positively impacts a player’s development and potential to achieve on and off the pitch.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will support the development of Academy players in accordance with our Academy Performance Plan (inc. coaching and playing philosophy), providing all Players (inc. Trialists) appropriate playing opportunities, in consultation with Lead Phase Staff and Academy Management.
You will have a duty of care to protect the welfare of children under your supervision by creating an environment that protects them from harm.
The competencies which are required include:
- Experience of coaching within an elite football development system
- Track record of identifying and developing talent, as well as monitoring and reporting upon player progress
- Evidence of proactively seeking personal development opportunities
- Experience of working with support staff from psychology, S&C, physiotherapy and analysis
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- FA Youth Modules
- Hold or working towards UEFA B Licence
- FA Safeguarding
- Emergency First Aid Award
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- Hold or working towards FA Advanced Youth Award
- Academic qualification in coaching science, coaching practice or equivalent
- Excellent communication and listening skills with both adults and children
- Proficient IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A responsive approach to change
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- A competitive session rate
- Opportunity to work for a successful Premier League Club.
- Regular accredited CPD
- Working in an environment with strong core values.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Working with like minded individuals.
- Kit and equipment package
The closing date for applications is FRIDAY 26th JULY.
Keen to work in the football industry? Check out the dedicated ‘Careers in Football’ section on Careers in Sport.