Tutor in Sports and Exercise Science
University Academy 92 (UA92)
HOURS: Full time (37.5 per week)
LOCATION: Manchester but may be required to travel
INTERVIEW DATE: 22nd June 20200
(Given the covid-19 pandemic, our assessment centre and interviews will be conducted remotely. Applicants should have access to a camera and microphone enabled device. UA92 will conduct all interviews and assessment centre activities through Microsoft Teams. We will share further details and guidance with shortlisted candidates).
Transform Higher Education: Join the UA92 Team
At UA92 we see things differently. We believe in the power of you.
Newly opened to students in 2019, we are building a “best in class” team of expert educators and experienced professionals, with the ability to drive this new venture forwards at pace, establishing it quickly as a sector leader.
At UA92, you will have the opportunity to make an impact in an organisation where innovation is constant, challenging convention is embraced and the vision is big!
If you’re a highly skilled, forward-thinking team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for social mobility through life-transforming, career-making higher education, then we’re keen to hear from you!
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled Tutor in Sports and Exercise Science with a particular expertise in biomechanics to provide academic and professional insight in order to design and develop our pioneering Sports programmes at UA92. You will have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and an innovative approach to delivering the curriculum. Ideally you will have experience of teaching in higher education and hold a Master’s level or above qualification in a relevant subject (or equivalent), alongside academic expertise in the Sports and Exercise Science domain.
Acting as a role model practitioner and a specialist in biomechanics, you will help lead the development and delivery of the curriculum, assessment of learning and ensure academic administration responsibilities are discharged, for example quality assurance and enhancement. You will ensure students have a sector leading learning experience with a strong trajectory into employment and early career advancement.
You will join a small, agile and forward-looking academic team and will work collegiately across the institution, and with employer partners to embed the principles, philosophy and values of UA92. You will work with senior academics to ensure ambitious performance and growth targets are met in your areas of responsibility.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring development of high-quality learning resources and delivery of engaging learning activities.
- Ensuring design and application of robust assessment vehicles and provision of regular and constructive student feedback.
- Ensuring individual learners are well supported in their personal development journeys.
- Engagement with employer and industry partners to ensure the curriculum and its delivery has currency from a professional practice perspective.
- Active participation in aspiration raising, student recruitment and progression partnership developments, ensuring strong application, conversion, progression and retention.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for bright and well-qualified individuals with proven sector experience and with a track record of success and personal credibility in Sports and Exercise Science. You will be a highly effective educator with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. You will be competent and confident using Microsoft Office tools for communication, time management and delivery of high quality and interactive learning. You will also have a passion for providing accessible, high-quality, university level education, is an innovator in your own practice, be a strong team player and collaborator and be committed to UA92’s values and behaviours.
The successful candidate will have:
- Solid subject knowledge in Sports and Exercise Science
- Experience of effective and innovative teaching in:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Strength and Conditioning
- Excellent team-working skills as well as experience of leading and planning the processes that support students across the sports programmes.
- The ability to engage learners actively through the delivery of outstanding student centric learning experiences.
- Experience of successfully supporting learner attainment and wider personal development.
- An innovative spirit and confidence to develop and apply new techniques and technologies to improve learner success.
- The ability to provide academic leadership across a broad subject domain and be able to coordinate and support others to operate as highly effective and reflective facilitators of learning.
This represents an exciting opportunity to join and shape the future of Sport at UA92 and play a key role in driving forward our plans for development
Normal working hours are 37.5 per week. However, due to the nature of the post you will be expected to work flexibly. Consideration will be given to applications for part time or flexible working, subject to business needs.
Please note we are receiving high volumes of applications for UA92 roles so please submit your application as early as possible, as adverts may be closed early where large numbers of applications are received.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information about UA92 and all current and future job vacancies, please visit www.ua92.ac.uk
UA92 values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Interested in applying for this Tutor in Sports and Exercise Science job vacancy? Access advice on writing a CV and letter of application via our ‘Careers‘ section of our website.