An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and suitably qualified person to join our Academy team on a part time basis. Applicants must be available to join us in advance of the start 2020-21 season and be capable of taking 1-3 sessions per week, including the possibility of 1 Sunday match.
The successful candidate must:
- Have previous experience of working within an Elite sporting environment
- Hold the following qualifications as a minimum: Completed BSc Physiotherapy, BSc Sports Therapy or BSc Sports Rehabilitation. IFAS
- Have DBS clearance (must be acquired before starting role)
- Have a flexible attitude to work
- Be able to work independently and proactively
- Be organised and have good time management skills. Proficient with the PMA system
- Possess a personable approach to efficiently manage relationships with young footballers and liaise with their parents
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of Football League rules/policies and procedures relating to the role.
- Possess the ability to project our Academy vision and philosophy throughout the operations, and to deliver this in an educational and informative manner • Possess the ability to liaise with footballers, coaches, managers and other football related individuals in a professional manner.
- Be a member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
- Possess a full UK driving license and the use of own vehicle
- Possess extensive manual therapy skills together with extensive knowledge & experience in injury prevention & rehabilitation using movement dysfunction analysis and re-training principles.
- Have knowledge and experience of strength and conditioning requirements of the elite footballer.
- The assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all Academy players
- Origination of progressive injury rehabilitation programmes for all players
- Based upon the movement assessment findings, responsible for the smooth running of the injury prevention programme on a day to day basis
- Providing support for match cover and schoolboy games as required
- Producing monthly injury audit together with feedback to provide accountability for the department; actively seeking to follow best practice.
- Taking a lead in the education of Academy players in terms of injury prevention, injury care, post-match recovery, diet and drug awareness.
- Ensuring all medical notes are up to date on the PMA system.
- The upkeep of medical procedure documents (including emergency action plans) and ensuring all medical equipment is effectively and efficiently used and maintained.
- Attending departmental meetings and CPD as required and contribute to multi-disciplinary meetings
Blackpool Football Club Ltd and the EFL are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. Posts advertised on this website may require Enhanced Criminal Record Checks and may include checks against the Barred lists, as such it is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions, including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Equality and Diversity:
Employees must always carry out their duties with due regard to Blackpool Football Club’s policies and procedures. The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
As this position will involve working with and supporting young children and young adults, it is our policy that we will be seeking receipt of two satisfactory references from the successful candidate.
Please return the completed form and a copy of your CV together with a covering letter indicating your suitability for the position to email@example.com
Interested in applying for this position at Blackpool Football Club? Access advice on writing a letter of application and a powerful CV via our ‘Careers Advice’ section on Careers in Sport.