The Daily Mile Events Manager
Competitive salary + generous benefits package
Job background/brief overview
The Daily Mile Foundation (TDM) is a charity supported by INEOS, established in 2016 and with the aim of encouraging primary schools and nurseries to take children outside to run or jog for 15 minutes every day. This is with the aim of improving physical, emotional and wellbeing of all children, regardless of circumstances. This ambitious charity today has over 14,000 schools across 86 countries participating, equating to over 3 million children completing The Daily Mile a day.
The successful candidate will work strategically with the Daily Mile team, partnerships and organisations to develop a new concept of ‘live’ mass participation running events across the world. This will be achieved through a combination of event planning, targeted communication, and successful partner development in order to meet the objective of increasing the number of schools participating in The Daily Mile across the world. In this role you will be expected to travel internationally as required.
Candidates will demonstrate significant competencies in balancing priorities in a fast-moving environment. You will need to have a solid understanding of project management, risk assessment and building relationships with key stakeholders, both professional and voluntary. You will need confidence in taking on lead responsibility, ensuring all project plans are in place, including school communications, t-shirt procurement, volunteer lists, running courses, and specialist equipment ordering.
Principle Accountabilities of the role:
The successful applicant’s duties will include but are not limited to:
- Update Trustees quarterly on budget tracking and the delivery of The Daily Mile events, and the ‘Mission: Kids Fit For Life’ online educational platform
- Attend global events as required to be the lead programme representative
- Create project strategy and forecasting plans on the direction of the programmes and budget allocation
- Monitor and report to the Project Director regularly a progress report on global participation and the project plan for the month, highlighting any challenges and goals.
- Regularly run meetings with INEOS site teams (currently 27) on Daily Mile Events programme
- Research and present findings of new and innovative school sport participation activities in the UK and globally
- Manage external design and digital agencies for both Daily Mile Events & Mission: Kids Fit For Life
- Provide regular support to The Daily Mile Partnership Managers and Brand Manager on opportunities and progress for the ‘Mission: Kids Fit For Life’ website, ensuring it is fit for purpose for the international market
- Provide support and management of interns/work experience persons if required
To be considered for the role, you will need to be educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1, Sport or Marketing related subjects are preferable, along with:
- Experience or understanding of either Event Management and Marketing sectors with 2-5 years’ experience
- Experience in project management, either in event delivery or the education sector
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of people internally and externally to gather intelligence and provide guidance
- Strong presentation skills
- Well organised
- Languages (e.g. French, Spanish) are desirable
- Advanced MS office skills and data analysis
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please apply and submit your CV.
Access our ‘Careers in…’ webinar series on our YouTube channel.