Tennis Icon UK
Description – Tennis Coach
Primary Position: Tennis Coach
Type: Self Employed (Between 20-50 Hours a Week)
Working Locations: London (Kensington Memorial Park, Holland Park, Coles Green Tennis Club, Victoria Park Finchley, Ravenscourt Park, Dulwich & Emslie Horniman Park) and any other venues taken by the company.
Start Date: ASAP
About Tennis Icon UK:
Tennis Icon UK is a brand new startup in the sports and education sector, with the mission to produce the next generation of superstar tennis players in the UK. It is a brand for parents that want their children to be active in a Fun, Educational and Inspirational environment, learning a new talent, and with the potential of making it as far as they can in the sport. Our three core principles are to:
- Provide Fun, Educational and Inspirational Classes for All
- To Enhance and Build Tennis Communities in the UK
- To Teach a Clearly Defined Philosophy
The team at Tennis Icon UK are passionate about creating a transformational experience for all of our customers and coaches, to make a real difference to tennis in this country. We hope that any potential candidates are equally as excited about working for a progressive and successful coaching company, whilst also developing their coaching career with us.
The ambition for Tennis Icon UK over the next 5 years is to cement our position in the UK market across our three core brands – Tennis Icon UK Performance Academy, Be An Icon Programme, and Teddy Tennis. We truly want to be the number one tennis education provider in the UK and have an ambitious target to have 10,000 students regularly participating in our courses in the next 3-5 years.
We primarily teach juniors from 2-18 years of age in both group and individual lessons, but also accept adult private lesson bookings too. In addition, we also work with primary and secondary schools around London helping to deliver PE lessons centred around tennis, after school clubs, breakfast clubs and special festival of tennis days. All classes range from beginner to advanced level with a real emphasis on player development. Classes also run throughout the whole year, with term time courses taking place both on weekdays and weekends and also holiday camps organised around the school calendar.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, professional and charismatic coach to join an already highly qualified team. The candidate we are looking for must be incredibly hard working, show pride in their work, have excellent communication skills and have impeccable punctuality.
The coach we hire will be expected to lead sessions across the company and at various venues across London. They will be expected to work across all age groups including juniors and adults, having the ability to teach at all levels. The main role of the Lead Tennis Coach is to ensure player development by designing effective and fun tennis programmes tailored towards the development goals of the group/individual. The coach should be able to analyse a player’s game and then provide the correct fixes to improve their technique. The Lead Tennis Coach is also expected to manage the venue they are assigned to including all admin tasks and advertising and marketing the lessons the company have setup.
- To organise and manage the venues that you are assigned to.
- This includes all administration activities such as doing class registers, recording new sign ups, accident report book, lesson plans, and assistant coach clock in. These should be reported back to head office on a daily basis after your sessions for the day have finished.
- To lead all tennis sessions you are assigned to, according to the playing philosophy of the company and development goals of the players. All lessons should be delivered in a Fun, Educational and Fun Format.
- To design individual programmes according to a goal setting session for adult individual bookings. This is to ensure a focused and progressive course for the customer.
- To design group programmes for juniors according to the development needs of the group to ensure the lessons are focused and progressive.
- To be able to match chart and record development goals from the statistics and observations of matches to design player programmes
- To support players in designing tournament schedules and gathering feedback on player performance and progression in the tournaments they enter.
- To ensure that all lessons comply with health and safety regulations.
- To manage all equipment and stock takes.
- To delegate tasks to assistant coaches to ensure the smooth delivery of the sessions.
- To prepare, deliver and evaluate all sessions.
- To lead and deliver school sessions when assigned to you.
- To advertise the club on a daily basis by distributing leaflets, posters, and free trial lesson vouchers to anyone enquiring for lessons.
- Provide an excellent customer service by being friendly and approachable.
- Ensure that all coaching certification, DBS Checks and Safeguarding Workshops are kept up to date and are current.
- Minimum LTA Level 1 and working towards LTA Level 2/3 Qualification.
- RPT/PTR Coaching Qualification can act as an equivalent.
- DBS Checked and up to date
- Emergency First Aid at Work Trained (LTA or FA Course)
- Safeguarding Trained
- Licensed – preferably LTA
- Full Clean Driving License & Access to a Car
- A passion for working with children and being able to coach large groups
- Knowledge of the sport including technical and tactical elements of the game
- Relevant playing experience is ideal but not essential
- Coaching experience in leading sessions is critical
- Competitive Salary
- Expert Tennis Icon UK Training Course to learn about our philosophy and methodology
- Career Progressions to Head Tennis Coordinator, Regional Managers, and Operational Managers
- Support offered in gaining further tennis coaching qualifications
- Opportunity to work with players from beginner to performance level, coaching players through the LTA rating and ranking system
- As the company grows, there are other opportunities to work in events, in other cities and abroad
If you are interested in applying for the job as Lead Tennis Coach and feel you satisfy the above criteria then please send us a copy of your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are a good candidate for the job. This can be sent to mailto: email@example.com