Personal Best Education has been providing expert educational, sports and leisure services to the public since 2012. Our aims are to give individuals of all age-groups and backgrounds the opportunity to achieve the best they can and make a positive impact on themselves and their community. The primary focus of our services is to educate and up-skill the next generation and improve the physical and mental well-being of all ages.
Our educational services are aimed at equipping young people with the right tools for the future as well as broadening their horizons, enabling them to be successful global citizens and make a positive contribution to society. Our desire is to give everyone the opportunity to achieve their personal best whatever their age, background or circumstances.
This exciting and diverse role is required to support the Personal Best’s operations and delivery department.
- To supervise, support and mentor young people/children during delivery
- To inspire and lead a team of young people on either their NCS bespoke College programme (term time) or during our half term holiday activity camps
- To lead, supervise and manage any concerns; escalating if required, in line with Personal Best policies and procedures.
- Liaise with relevant staff members and Designated Safeguarding Lead to ensure young people’s wellbeing is supported during delivery.
- To communicate effectively, clearly and in a timely fashion with Personal Best senior staff, team and venue staff to ensure a smooth running of the programme.
- Ensure all sites/areas comply with health & safety measures as set out in delivery framework.
*Please note this is a fixed term role not based at the Personal Best HQ but at one of our assigned delivery sites where hours can vary.
Possible dates of work:
Programme 4: Friday 3rd – Friday 10th December & Monday 13th – Tuesday 14th December (10 days – term time and weekend)
More dates to be confirmed for 2022 half term breaks and holidays
- Develop and improve soft skills such as teamwork, time management and communication.
- Gain valuable experience working with children and young people that will enhance CV.
- Receive competitive salary.
- Bring positive inspiration to children and young people.
- Be part of a team focused on making a meaningful and positive impact on the local community and beyond.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding and experience of safeguarding – Essential/Desirable
- Experience of risk management and risk assessment as well as handling confidential information – Essential/Desirable
- Experience working with one or more of:- children/young people/local communities/charitable causes – Essential/Desirable
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills – Essential/Desirable
- Ability to work well under pressure – Essential/Desirable
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team – Essential/Desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – Essential/Desirable
- Able to motivate and encourage people to overcome any boundaries – Essential/Desirable
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional manner in line with GDPR and Personal Best Education policies – Essential/Desirable
- Understanding of working with diverse community groups – Essential/Desirable
Attributes and Knowledge
- Passion for working with children/young people and interested in supporting their personal development – Essential
- Flexible and adaptable approach – Essential
- Knowledge of Personal Best Education – Essential/Desirable
- Hold a full UK Driving License – Essential
- First Aid certificate – Essential/Desirable
- Qualification in in one or more of the following:- early years/play work/youth work/teaching/coaching or subject related to young people – Desirable
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: £8.36-£9.99 per hour