Teaching Fellow / Senior Teaching Fellow in Sports & Event Management
Department of Strategy, Management and Marketing
|Location:||Birmingham, City Centre Campus|
|Salary:||£37,505 to £50,408 Competitive Salary|
|Closing Date:||Friday 26 February 2021|
|Interview Date:||To be confirmed|
Located in a modern £300m campus in the heart of Birmingham City Centre, the Business School is a thriving, vibrant, and inspiring learning community committed to high quality teaching with meaningful learning opportunities, excellence in research and impactful industrial engagement.
Building on continuous success in student growth and in sustained advancement of research activities, the School has embarked on a programme of extensive expansion funded by substantial long-term investments whilst also seeking AASCB accreditation.
This is your chance to join the Business School at a transformational stage of its growth, and to contribute to the ongoing success of its staff and students.
To support this exciting strategic initiative, the Business School has lots of jobs on offer at many different grades within the Business School;
- Teaching Fellow – £37,505 to £40,766
- Senior Teaching Fellow -£46,376 to £50,408
Depending on experience, applicants will teach across a variety of different topics and areas such Event Management and Sport Management in the specific areas of data analytics, CSR, sustainability, venue management and digital innovation. Priority will be given to shortlisting candidates with these areas of expertise. Applicants who have practice-based experience of esports will also be considered.
We are also recruiting in all Subject Areas including:
- Marketing (including Marketing Management, Digital Marketing, Brand and Communications Marketing)
- International Strategic Management (including Cross Cultural Management)
- Leadership & Change Management
- Human Resource Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- International Operations, Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Data Analysis and Research Methods (including quantitative and qualitative methods, [big] data analytics, MS Excel and SPSS).
- Accounting and Finance (including Financial Management and FinTech)
Depending on experience, applicants will teach across a variety of different areas, and all staff will contribute to teaching on Research Methods modules at Level 6 and Level 7.
All Business School staff have the opportunity, and will be expected to teach at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels from level 3 Foundation Year to level 7 Masters.
Staff will be able to bid for research hours and take part in enterprise activities, including corporate and executive education.
What you need
- Depending on the level that you join at, you will be expected to have a PhD or nearing completion i.e. viva pending, or equivalent qualification.
- Applicants who have a Masters qualification and extensive practice experience at managerial level will also be considered.
- For roles at a more senior level preference will be given to staff who can demonstrate a research publication track record or a publication pipeline targeting well regarded refereed journals and/or securing research grants and contracts.
The specific requirements for each role are detailed in the relevant job descriptions so applicants are advised to review these carefully before making an application.
The University Core Values are Excellence, People Focused, Partnership Working and Fairness and Integrity. These values underpin our working practices and student and staff community so applicants need to demonstrate these values during the application process.
In return for your dedication and hard work, can expect great ongoing personal and professional development plus the following main benefits;
- Generous annual leave entitlement – 40 days including bank holidays and Christmas/New Year closure
- Sickness/absence entitlement
- Teachers’ Pension scheme
- Library facilities on all campuses
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident
- Travel card scheme
- Car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car share scheme
- Catering facilities
With around 24,000 students from 80 countries, Birmingham City University is a large and diverse place to study. We put students at the heart of everything we do, giving them the best opportunities for future success. The University has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment. Our superb courses, state-of-the-art facilities, first-rate staff, and focus on practical skills and professional relevance is producing some of the country’s most employable graduates.
We put £270 million into the regional economy and support thousands of jobs in the area. We’re investing £260 million in our estate, including a major expansion of our city centre campus at Eastside, providing students with an enviable range of facilities. The Complete University Guide ranked us as a top 30 UK university for spending on facilities in 2015.
** Selected applicants will be expected to take part initially in an Assessment Centre process, incorporating a teaching activity in late January 2021, and shortlisted candidates will then be invited to a further interview process in early February. **
If you want to be a part of this amazing opportunity, are passionate about education and want to join our richly diverse community, please apply today as we could be part of your future
Job Description – Teaching Fellow
The University is committed to internationalism and diversity and welcomes applications from all countries, faiths and backgrounds.
It is each individual successful applicants responsibility to ensure that they have permission to work in the UK. Some applicants may require sponsorship from the University and a visa from UKVI to take up the role if successful. More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Some roles are not capable of sponsorship because they do not meet the UKVI criteria relating to skill and salary level. If you are unsure as to whether you would require sponsorship if successful, or whether the role is capable of sponsorship, please contact us: RTinbox@bcu.ac.uk