The Lord’s Taverners is the UK’s leading youth cricket and disability sports charity working alongside some of the highest profile celebrities from the world of sport and entertainment.
We are very proud of our work which aims to enhance the prospects of disadvantaged and disabled young people using cricket and other forms of sport and recreation to engage with them.
Our mission is to achieve immediate and lasting change in the children’s lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute, then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed.
Main Purpose of the Role
To be part of a committed, passionate team that provides opportunities to enhance the prospects of disadvantaged and disabled young people using cricket and other forms of sport and recreation to engage with them.
The candidate will play a key role in the ongoing work of the Charitable Programmes team.
Over the next 12 – 18 months one of the key roles will be to oversee the development and redesign of the Table Cricket programme, in partnership with the Director of Charitable Programmes and third parties. This will include:
- Working with partners in connection with the redesign of the equipment
- Development of digital elements of the new table cricket programme
- Consideration and recommendations in relation to issues around classification and participation
In addition to the above, the individual will also be responsible for
- Development, management and implementation of the table cricket programme
- Ensure all individuals have sufficient access to coaching, training, and equipment to deliver the programme
- Ensure alignment to the strategic plan
- Ensure adequate signposting to enable new participants to engage with the programme
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation manager, the marketing team and the fundraising team in the continued development of the programme
- Continual development of the strategy for table cricket development, including identification of opportunities for growth
- Work with third party NGB’s e.g. Boccia England to develop and align their junior programme with LT Table Cricket programme, and England and Wales Cricket Board as part of an overall disability strategy
We are looking for successful candidates to be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- An understanding of the vision/mission, core values and objectives of LT and it’s programmes
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Excellent administrative, organisational and planning skills;
- Excellent team work with enthusiasm and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to both work as part of a team and on own initiative;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work under pressure;
- Proactive, enthusiastic and with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
The individual will need to have:
- Experience of developing and delivering disability development programmes
- Experience of working within Sports Development with recreational sports clubs and the enthusing of volunteers
- Experience of partnership working and the ability to create strong and sustainable links
- Experience of working in both school and community settings
- Good project management skills and ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Effective communicator and the ability to engage with people of all levels
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to apply judgment in particular situations and to make recommendations based on information and research
- Excellent administrative skills and evidence of project work
- Computer literate and effective user of Word, Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft programmes
- Ability to travel independently between projects
- Willingness to work ‘unsocial’ hours, including evenings and weekends
- Understanding and experience of a variety of cricket and sports development programmes
- Experience of working with disabled people in recreational sport and/or physical activity sessions
- Experience of mentoring, supporting and encouraging project leads
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating the impact of sessions and programmes
- Experience of working on cricket specific projects
- Generous company pension scheme
- Private health medical insurance scheme
Closing date for applications 7th December 2018.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.