Star Hotshots are recruiting Managers, Instructors and Assistant Instructors for their non-residential active and creative summer camps in Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
Our team of primary and secondary teachers and sports coaches ensure that each activity gets the best from each child. Their experience, knowledge and enthusiasm makes each camp safe and enjoyable, and they tailor each activity to each age group. Star Hotshots has been running for more than 18 years. OFSTED-registered, we are very proud of the reputation we have for providing active, safe and enjoyable holiday camps.
The Camp Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of our active and creative holiday programmes, whilst ensuring the welfare and safety of the children on camp is maintained at all times.
You will be responsible for managing, motivating and supporting your team of Instructors and Assistant Instructors in order to create a safe and enjoyable holiday camp environment. You will ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff, liaise with parents, school representatives and the Star Hotshots Head Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of staff, to ensure they deliver high quality activities.
- Inspire your staff to deliver quality activities by leading by example with energy, fun and enthusiasm.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself, your staff and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Implement new procedures to ensure the camp is a safe environment for staff and children.
- Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
- Ensure Ofsted requirements are met at all times on camp, liaising directly with an inspector in the event of an inspection.
- Point of contact for parents on camp, in person and on the phone, including feeding back any issues arising on camp.
- Point of contact with the school office, meeting with their representatives to ensure the smooth running of camp.
- Manage all administrative duties on camp, including sign-in and sign-out procedures and registration.
- Qualified in sport, art, childcare or teaching, with significant experience of working with children.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or with managerial experience within the camp or childcare industry.
- Leader with experience, ideally within teaching or coaching sector.
- Excellent communicator, with confident face to face customer service skills.
- Good working knowledge of how summer camps operate.
- Qualified in teaching
- Experience in a leadership role within a school or childcare setting
£650 a week
The role of the Instructor is to deliver outstanding, structured creative or active activities and games to children.
You will deliver activities to children to a specific age group (5, 6 & 7, 8 & 9 or 10 +) with the emphasis being on participation, enjoyment and learning. You will also be required to support the Camp Manager in performing their duties.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the Camp Manager and/or parents as necessary.
- Supervision of children outside of activity times.
- Demonstrate the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism, and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) or be willing to gain one through Star Hotshots.
£550 a week
The role of the Assistant Instructor is to support the Instructor deliver outstanding, structured creative or active activities and games to children.
You will support and deliver activities to children to a specific age group (5, 6 & 7, 8 & 9 or 10 +) with the emphasis being on participation, enjoyment and learning. You will also be required to support the Camp Manager in performing their duties.
£405 a week
How to Apply
To apply for any of the roles please email your CV to email@example.com and state the position you are applying for. Summer camps run from July 26th to August 27th. Please state the days and/or weeks you are available (no minimum requirement) and the preferred age group you would like to work with and venue (Henley, Wargrave, Maidenhead, Goring Heath).