Hours: 16 hours per week
Location: Sheffield United Training Academy and various opposition clubs
Line Manager: First Team Manager
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity working within women’s football? We are currently looking for a Strength and Conditioning Coach to come and join our coaching team here at Sheffield United Women.
This position will be part of the Sheffield United Women’s sport science team and will involve working closely with the sport science and medical department to create a high performing program for our first team and development team.
Due to the nature of this role we would like someone with full flexibility who is able to attend all training sessions, as well as all home and away fixtures.
• Lead design, planning and delivery to Sheffield United Women’s first team & development team
• Working with the First Team Manager to develop and deliver a high-performing program for all Sheffield United Women’s
• Assist with rehabilitation strength programs with the sports medicine team
• Physiologically test players to monitor fatigue and readiness to train
• Conduct regular physical testing with the first team players in order to track progress
• Design individualised position specific strength and speed programmes based off physical testing
• Facilitate a collaborative relationship among the women’s management, sport science and sport medicine team by regularly reporting forms of feedback based off players physical testing
• Regularly update WPS with all sessions and data
• Attend all training sessions, home and away matches for the women first team
• Work closely with our RTC and the physical performance coach to ensure consistency throughout the women’s and girls’ department
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
• BSc or MSc dissertation thesis project in a strength and conditioning
• Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge and experience of using force plate data to inform individual programming (Desirable)
• Knowledge and experience of using Gym Aware app to inform individual force velocity profiles
• Knowledge and experience in designing and delivering rehabilitation sessions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with an excellent working personality
• Professional approach to all aspects of work; punctual, reliable, and diligent
• Strong motivational ability
• Able to work as part a team in an interdisciplinary sport science and medicine department
How to apply
To apply for this Strength and Conditioning role please click the button below.
Interested in applying for this Strength and Conditioning role at Sheffield Utd? Access advice on writing a letter of application and a powerful CV via our ‘Careers Advice’ section and access more advice via our ‘Careers in Football’ section on Careers in Sport.