Sports Development Officer (with a focus on Pre and Post Natal Physical Activity)
Leicestershire County Council and Active Together have secured funding to develop and deliver a programme to address pre and post natal physical activity and links to the maternal mental health agenda. The overall objective is to increase physical activity in pre an post natal mothers, whilst also supporting their mental health.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Sports Development Officer who is enthusiastic and passionate about supporting our resident’s physical activity and mental wellbeing through delivery of physical activity, upskilling the workforce, development of resources and landing events and campaigns.
The post will support us and our physical activity and health partners across Leicestershire to;
- Develop and deliver a tiered package of pre and post natal physical activity programmes (for example; walking, swimming, virtual offer, work with existing providers and services, referral programmes, events etc).
- Develop and deliver a training package for healthcare professionals, instructors and volunteers.
- Develop and deliver a communications plan (for example development of a local brand, campaign, recruitment of Active Champions, development of resources etc).
- Embed physical activity into existing pre and post natal services and pathways.
- Ensure the new pre and post natal physical activity offer aligns to the existing physical activity infra-structure across Leicestershire.
To apply for this role please click on the link below. Please note that we are unable to accept CVs. Fixed Term- 3 years.
If you require further information or an informal discussion on the post, please contact Jo Spokes, Sports Development Manager, email@example.com.