As Sports Development Officer there will be a specific focus on (although not limited to):
- Managing and further developing the Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland Active Schools County Competition Calendar
- Delivering County level school sport competition finals, including the Level 3 School Games (Championships and Super Series Finals) and Team Leicestershire Finals
- Managing and further developing the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Active Schools website, including school fixtures and results and all competition monitoring and evaluation
- Ensuring strong continued relationships with National Governing Bodies of Sport, School Sport Associations, School Games Organisers, Heads of PE and schools.
The Sports Development Officer will be required to ensure that specific projects, programmes and initiatives are delivered on time and on budget as well as supporting the identification of new partnership projects and opportunities as required by the LRS (CSP) Director.
The Sports Development Officer will need to have experience of:
- Successfully managing large scale sport/physical activity/health/community projects/initiatives and programmes
- Working in partnership and providing development support and advice to a range of partner organisations
- The ability to support and mentor staff and volunteers together with experience of working with non sport partners eg. health, police, youth service and young offenders
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office ie. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Proven ability to initiate and develop practices, analyse and use judgement to identify the best solution to a range of different problems and issues
If you feel you have the right skills and passion for this area of work we would like to hear from you by completing an application form via the link below.
If you would like further information or to have an informal discussion regarding the Sports Development Officer vacancy please contact Geoff Maltby, Sports Development Manager on 01 509 564862 or email@example.com