Full time Sports Coach/PE teacher based in one school
About Central Coaching and Sports Academy:
Central Coaching and Sports Academy are a team of professional, qualified and enthusiastic sports coaches and PE professionals who provide high-quality, progressive and inclusive programmes of sport, dance and gymnastics to schools and communities across Birmingham and Solihull. Our ultimate mission is to improve children’s and young adult’s lives through sport and physical activity.
We distinguish ourselves from other sports providers due to our reliability and quality of service. Not only do we provide sports coaching, we also assume the role of a teacher in a school environment to ensure children are receiving high-quality provision across all areas of National Curriculum PE.
Whole Company Objectives:
In order for us as a company to fulfil our role as coach, teacher and role model to children and young adults, we adhere to the following key company objectives:
• Provide the children of schools and local communities with an opportunity to enhance their social and life skills through sport
• Encourage a healthy and active lifestyle to improve behaviour, concentration and academic success
• Deliver enjoyable, structured and well-planned activities for all children
• Provide a safe, enthusiastic and friendly environment in which to learn
• Monitor and evaluate success and provide feedback in order to improve
• Work alongside teachers and community figures to instil core values amongst children and young adults
• Provide a continual, professional development plan for all coaches in order to keep programmes interesting and innovative
• Ensure the safety and welfare of all children and young adults within our care
Central Coaching and Sports Academy are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and motivated coach/teacher, providing whole school curriculum teaching to years reception – 6 and extra curricular activities. The role will involve the organisation of clubs, competitions and sports events for which the role has planning time included.
£84 per day, based in one school in Birmingham B36 with a view for an immediate start.
Monday – Friday 9am – 4:30 each day over 39 weeks of the academic year, plus additional hours for holiday clubs where available.
Knowledge and experience:
The successful applicant will have:
A broad range of coaching qualifications and a relevant higher level diploma (degree level or level 3 in PE and School Sport as a minimum)
Experience in the sports coaching and/or education sector
Experience working with Key Stages 1 and 2
The ability to deliver high quality sport and physical activity sessions across the National Curriculum
The ability to engage and enthuse all children through sport
A knowledge and understanding of effective pupil behaviour management and be able to implement strategies with a class of 30 children
A broad range of sporting qualifications (degree level or level 3 in PE and School Sport as a minimum)
A Current First aid qualification.
A Current Safeguarding and protecting children certificate.
A clean, enhanced DBS check (Central Coaching will complete DBS checks on successful applicants)
A clean driving license and access to own mode of transport
This role is classed as self employed
Interviews will be arranged on receipt of a CV
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £84.00 /day