Are you thinking of pursuing a career in sports coaching? Do you want to work for a vibrant, progressive, coach centric organisation which is the largest coaching agency in Hertfordshire?
We have a number of key stake holders and partners including the Herts Sports Partnership, Schools Games Organisers, Local Boroughs and Herts County Council.
Due to the success of Apex Multisports, we are looking to increase our coaching staff by taking on x1 Multisports Coach from the start of April 2018.
The majority of the work will be in Hertfordshire but there may be some work in other local Apex areas.
Do you have a National Governing Body level 2 qualification for any of the main sports such Football, Basketball, Netball, Athletics, Cricket, Rugby etc?
Are you approachable, enthusiastic, reliable, a good role model, a ‘team’ player and trustworthy? Do you use your initiative to problem solve and think on your feet to adapt to different circumstances?
If you feel that you possess these qualities. Apex Multisports would like to hear from you.
Apex Multisports are committed to supporting and developing its coaches and follow the guidelines set out by the Herts Sports Partnership for the employment and deployment of coaches across the county.
Applicants should have experience of coaching a range of age groups and mixed abilities from under 5-year olds to adults. Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential with this role. Full UK driving license is essential.
It is important that applicants have at least 3 years experience working and delivering in schools and an understanding of the national curriculum to help upskill teachers.
You will be aged 18+ and successful applicants will be required to interview and provide all qualifications: e.g. NGB Level 2, first aid, child protection and DBS qualifications / certificates before any delivery can take place.
Once all checks are in place, we would expect the applicant to be able to deliver coaching sessions on their own in the local community (dependent upon ratios of staff to children).
In addition to coaching, your at Apex role may develop to include
- Overseeing strategic planning and implementation;
- Co-ordinating and delivering relevant activities and events;
- Employing and training coaches, volunteer staff, etc;
- Evaluating and monitoring activities using performance indicators;
- Maintaining records and producing written reports;
- Checking venues;
- Promoting events;
- Liasing with clubs, schools, professional and sports governing bodies;
- Developing a range of partnerships to enhance provision and support;
- Identifying potential opportunities for external funding;
- Maintain links with county, regional & national sporting representatives;
- Work within organisation guidelines, e.g. equal opportunities, health & safety;
Check list of requirements
- Applicants must hold at least one National Governing Body Level 2
- Sports Coaching Qualification (preferably UKCC recognised)
- Current DBS Check
- Hold current first aid and child protection certificates / qualifications
- Hold a full UK driving license and have access to a reliable car
- Good communication skills essential
- Some basic IT skills would be required (registers & uploading information)
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please address your letter of application to Nick Merrett and attach your CV.