Could you develop a programme that takes sports volunteering opportunities to the next level at The Union, Manchester Met?
Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you will be responsible for the development and co-ordination of a programme of internal and external sports volunteering opportunities.
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – The Union is a seriously fun place to work. Professionally run, but different. Our professional team of 150 people support elected student leaders to be effective in making change, improving lives and fulfilling potential. The winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Unionis one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. We’re located in the amazing city of Manchester, famous for its music, arts, sport, social heritage and diversity. With 38,000 plus student members, 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
We are looking for someone to work within the MMU Sport partnership and to support our Volunteering & Community Action Manager in the delivery of strategic objectives for sport volunteering.
- You will be the key contact for students, staff and organisations in sports volunteering: developing, coordinating and delivering a programme of sports volunteering opportunities.
- You will develop partnerships with a variety of providers to create new and exciting opportunities for students
- Working with marketing and communication colleagues, you will recruit volunteers to the programme and raise the profile of sports volunteering both internally and externally.
- Working closely with other partners, you will ensure an integrated approach to sport volunteering and develop policies, procedures, structures and systems in line with the principles and practices of IIV and best practice
Who you are
- Someone with knowledge of the voluntary sector gained through paid or voluntary employment, you have experience of managing sports projects and organising volunteers, students or adult learners.
- You’llhave experience of supporting volunteers and of leading and delivering projects or events of a significant scale and are used to managing a complex and varied portfolio of sports activities with limited supervision.
- Someone with a demonstrable passion for the development and growth of students and the value of sport, you are in tune with sector trends and good practice with respect to engaging young people and/or HE students in sports volunteering.
- Positive about working in a student-led environment, you also have excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible, problem solving, customer-orientated approach to work.
There has never been a better time to work for The Union. Based just off Oxford Road, in the centre of vibrant Manchester, The Union will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
Apply now at: https://www.theunionmmu.org/about-us/jobs
Closing date: 12 noon on 20th August 2018
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview on Wednesday 29th August 2018.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with students’ unions.