The Sport Features Editor is a key member of the Sport editing team, responsible for commissioning features content across digital and print.
You will have the chance to work with the best sports team in the country, alongside some of the finest reporters and correspondents in the business. The Telegraph devotes more space to sport than any other newspaper. As well as a fantastic digital operation, it provides its readers with an award-winning stand-alone section every day of the week. We pride ourselves on our ability to always work together to deliver the best sports coverage every day.
- Commissioning features content for all Telegraph Sport platforms.
- Working on short, medium and long-term content suitable for The Telegraph’s digital and print audiences.
- Assisting and working closely with the Sports Editor on the commissioning and prosecution of features content.
- Coming up with creative solutions to the successful digital publishing of features.
- Developing ideas across men’s and women’s sport and different platforms.
- Planning and prosecuting with constant reference to The Telegraph’s subscription strategy.
Essential skills required for the role
- Experience of commissioning within a fast-moving editorially driven Sports department.
- Experience of planning content across a number of platforms.
- Experience of publishing content creatively on digital and in print.
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Broad knowledge of a wide variety of men’s and women’s sport.
- Understanding of social media and data.
- Knowledge and understanding of The Telegraph’s subscription strategy.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Proven ability to work successfully on long-form content.
- Evidence of visual story-telling success and using creative visual solutions.
- Experience of editing a print section or able to demonstrate the potential to do this.
Please apply by midnight on Monday 19th October.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.