Summary of the role
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Sales, the Partnerships Sales Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and securing commercial partners/sponsors. With a strong focus on regional, national and global partnerships the Partnerships Sales Manager will also be responsible for delivering business retention, growth and profitability across the Club’s well-established partners programme. The job holder will oversee the partnership sales activities; and provide leadership and expertise to deliver efficient and focused sales strategies. The Partnerships Sales Manager will be responsible for delivering partners across all areas of the Club’s tiered partnership programme structure (regional, national, global).
The role will include the need to deliver sales and mature accounts across Corporate Hospitality and Events as well as meeting and exceeding business development targets as set by the Head of Corporate Sales.
- Build a database of top tier customers from within the Wolverhampton region for the purpose of key sponsorship and business development
- Work to a key account strategy in order to build a regularly managed pipeline of sponsorship customers within the club
- Build sponsorship proposals with customer benefit and cost efficiency for the club at the forefront across all areas
- Build relationships with existing sponsorship customers and increase revenue where possible
- To self-source and develop fresh prospects through proactive sales activity
- To network on match days to build relationships face-to-face with key customers
- To arrange appointments with potential customers to generate new business opportunities.
- Interact with customers at home games and special events in order to promote relationships and drive incremental business
- To present the product in a structured professional way
- Negotiating the terms of sale and closing the deal
- To negotiate on price and costs with the aim of getting a sale
- Working on account management plans with the sales account managers
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances
- Overseeing effective use of the CRM system, to ensure inputted data is accurate, and to using data to identify trends and sales targets
- Proactively seeking new revenue generation opportunities within the corporate market, particularly across match day hospitality sales and non-match day events
Skills and qualities
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Confident and articulate communicator at all levels
- Commercially aware and target driven. Accurate numerical reporting.
- Excellent telephone manner with an ability to present to and negotiate with senior level professionals
- Proven business-to-business sales experience with a track record in delivering results
- Commitment to customer service and detail
- Dynamic, confident, determined, pro-active, organised and methodical
- Resilience, and the ability to cope with rejection
- Computer literate (especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Football knowledge (desirable but not essential)
On offer for the right person is an excellent package and the opportunity to work with a Premier League football club at an exciting time of growth for them.