Social Content Producer
Department: Football Content
Accountable to: Senior Media Content Officer
Criminal Record Check Required- Yes- Level of Check- Enhanced with Children’s barred list
Contract Type: Full Time. Permanent
Based at: Staplewood Campus & St Mary’s Stadium
What is the role?
We are looking for a Digital Content Producer to join our Football Content team, producing creative, entertaining and innovative content that will help the club’s official channels stand out among a crowded landscape.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative and inclusive team that creates and publishes content across our social media and wider digital channels, covering all areas of the club, including the First Team, Academy and Women’s sides. They will be expected to work closely with the club’s players and staff in creating engaging and unique content, with opportunities for on-camera work also forming part of the role.
The role will include travel, covering home and away matches across all levels on a regular basis, including live social media updates, match reports and interviews with players and staff.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a diverse range of candidates and are seeking someone who can demonstrate their expertise on social media, with in-depth knowledge and experience of producing sports-related content across a wide variety of digital channels.
To thrive in this role you should possess strong written and communication skills and a knowledge of the football media industry, while being comfortable appearing on camera and working with high-profile personalities. You will have good networking skills to build relationships with co-workers to produce high quality content and will be flexible to working evenings and weekends.
The competencies which are required include:
- Experience of working in a similar role.
- Significant experience of producing sports content for, and publishing on, a range of social media channels.
- Demonstrable experience within the football industry.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience of managing social media platforms for diverse and wide-reaching audiences.
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- Undergraduate journalism or media qualification, or equivalent in experience.
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- NCTJ journalism certificate.
- An in-depth understanding of social media and the roles of key platforms.
- Strong understanding of both football and commercial environments.
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality, creative content with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with key stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Strong forward-planning skills with a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Clear understanding of the digital media landscape, with experience of social media, content management systems.
- Experience of collaborating with social platforms to identify new opportunities and trends.
- Ability to work with third-party agencies to bring an idea to life.
- Comfortable dealing with high-profile figures and classified information.
- Flexible working weekends and evenings.
- Understanding of the print media landscape.
- Comfortable appearing on camera.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 4th October.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received. *
Listen to our Careers in Sports Media webinar on our YouTube channel