|Job vacancy:||Shadow Youth Team Teacher/Coach|
|Remuneration + benefits:||£Competitive
28 days holidays (including bank holidays)
Long service holidays
Subsidised gym membership
BFC shop discount
Discounted match day tickets
|Contract type:||Full time
35 hours per week. (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm). However, you may be required to work outside of normal office hours, at evenings, weekends and match days as required
|Location:||Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX|
|Closing date:||Monday 3rd January 2022
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
We are now looking to recruit to the role of Shadow Youth Team Teacher/Coach.
The Shadow Youth Team gives young people between the ages of 16 and 18 the chance to combine academic studies with practical football experience. The programme is focused on destinations including university, further education, apprenticeships, semi-professional football, coaching opportunities and scholarships to America.
The role is split between teaching (one third) and coaching (two thirds), therefore it’s the perfect role for someone who has a passion for both football coaching and teaching.
Reporting to the Head of Football Development, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Deliver both football coaching sessions and classroom-based education units (BTEC course) as part of the Shadow Youth Team.
- Plan, develop and deliver the Shadow Youth Team and Pre-Shadow Youth Team/Development Centre.
- Liaise with the Head of Football Development and proactively promote all football/sports development programmes and carry out all meaningful tasks, when asked to do so.
- Undertake appropriate administrative duties in relation to the programme, to ensure the smooth running of the project e.g. maintain accurate attendance registers, marking, grades and lesson plans.
- Provide pastoral care to all students.
- Manage, develop and support the coaches, teachers and volunteers involved in coaching sessions.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to this role.
- To be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires.
- To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with all Charity policies.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club in the Community and Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- To understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Teaching qualification or working towards.
- FA Level 2 in Coaching Football.
- Experience of delivering a BTEC programme.
- Experience of delivering high quality football coaching sessions.
- FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Football.
- Coaching elite players aged 16 – 19 years.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the BFC in the Community website (alternative format available upon request). BFCitC no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.