An opportunity within the Saracens Strength and Conditioning team has become available, working with the Women’s Premier 15s squad. Saracens have achieved unprecedented success in the women’s game and are seeking to appoint an individual to continue to enhance and promote excellence within the S&C programme.
Within this role, you will lead and manage the strength and conditioning programme for the women’s squad, ensuring all athletes maximize their physical potential. You will be expected to write, deliver, monitor and review programmes for the women’s squad, including our EPS players in conjunction with the England S&C coaches. You will also work with the S&C team to transition athletes through the pathway
Excellent communication skills are required to work closely and collaboratively across the Saracens Performance Teams. This position reports into the Women’s Head Coach, Director of Women’s Sport and the nominated Men’s Senior S&C Coach. Support and learning opportunities are available through discussion and regular in-service training to assist and direct development and meet CPD requirements.
Key responsibilities for the role include but not limited to:
- To lead and manage the strength and conditioning programme for the women’s programme
- Write, deliver, monitor and review individual programmes for the Women’s EPS players in conjunction with the England S&C coaches
- Produce, deliver and monitor a programme to maximize the physical potential of all senior players in conjunction with their annual competition plan
- Work with the other senior and academy S&C coaches to develop and monitor the Saracens Way in S&C, ensuring a robust physical development provision.
- Work with the Women’s Head coach, Assistant coaches, Director of Women’s Sport and other support staff to ensure the Saracens Women’s environment is a world’s best system for producing rugby talent.
- Work with the S&C coaches responsible for the Women’s U18 players to ensure that all Centre Of Excellence and any identified players have an appropriate movement, strength, fitness and speed development programme.
- Ensure the physical transition of U18s into the senior Women’s programme is well planned and delivered.
- Ensure the Head Coach / Director of Women’s Sport is kept up to date with changes in training status, international requirements, work or educational commitments of senior players.
- Undertake an appropriate programme of in-service courses along with other coaching staff.
- Plan and work within agreed budgets.
- Inform Head Coach / Director of Women’s Sport and take appropriate action with any athletes that are not meeting required standards in terms of physical performance and behaviours.
- Establish protocols for all athletes that fail to meet minimum standards and ensure all athletes are aware of these protocols.
- To deliver strength and fitness targets for individual athletes within the Women’s squad as agreed with the Head Coach / Director of Women’s Sport.
- Assist the Head Coach to produce and prepare players to perform consistently at their best and to challenge for International recognition.
Essential criteria for the role:
- Qualified to minimal undergraduate degree level in sports science or equivalent (S&C, human physiology / biomechanics / performance)
- Accredited through recognised awarding body (UKSCA, NSCA, ASCA)
- Minimal 2 or 3 years’ experience in providing S&C coaching support to athletes on a full or part time basis respectively (development & senior levels)
The role is full time (37.5 hours) and will be based at StoneX Stadium, North West London and at the Training Ground in St Albans, with travel required as necessary for games.
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and covering letter outlining suitability to the role by 5pm of the closing date for the attention Sangita Asani, HR Manager at the email address references below.
No agencies please, this is a direct recruitment drive.
Please also note that due to a high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful candidates. If you have not been contacted by the noted interview dates, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Saracens Limited is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, sexual orientation or gender identity. We promote an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague.