Working within the Dragons Medical Department, to work with the senior rugby team to support the players injury prevention and rehabilitation programmes. The successful applicant will ideally demonstrate experience working within a professional sports environment and extensive clinical experience required, with specified previous employment in sports medicine, in particular in Elite level rugby.
• Participate in the departmental Personal Development and Performance Review system to promote personal and service developments.
• Support and mentor other Physiotherapists and Sports therapists to develop physiotherapy services to maximise player care and efficient use of resources.
• Be actively involved in clinical audit to support the clubs Clinical Governance Strategy.
• Liaise with a range of individuals, internal and external to the organisation, to ensure effective service delivery.
• Comply with health, safety and other regulations.
• Assist in delivering WRU Minimum Medical Standards Criteria for annual compliance evaluation.
• Develop and update clinical knowledge and skills to ensure delivery of evidence-based care.
• Assist in providing training and advice to all physiotherapy staff.
• Actively participate in physiotherapy in-service to promote personal
Communications and Relationships
• To communicate with the Head Physiotherapist/Medical services manager and club Sports Medicine Physician with regards to injury and fitness status of all players on a regular basis.
• To communicate and develop an effective relationship with Coaching and performance departments.
• Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management.
• Extensive clinical experience required, with specified previous
employment in sports medicine in particular in Elite level rugby.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in elite sport or similar high pressure
Skills & Qualifications
• Degree in Physiotherapy
• Registration with Health Profession Council
• Current Level 3 Immediate Care in Rugby qualification (or
• Excellent manual therapy skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to apply
To apply for the job role above, please send an up to date CV, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org