A fantastic opportunity to become a senior manager leading a dynamic young team at Yellowave Beach Sports Venue.
Yellowave is the UK’s first permanent beach sports centre of its kind. With six beach volleyball courts, a yoga / exercise studio, kids’ sandy play area, café with outside bar and BBQ, Yellowave brings a unique offering to the southeast coast.
We are looking for someone who has both the correct outlook to meet the Yellowave ethos and the skills and experience to manage a team that runs like clockwork.
This hands-on role is very mixed with a variety of skills required.
- Managing the venue on weekends and weekday evenings
- Leading and motivating a team of young staff
- Overseeing the running of evening leagues and bookings
- Formatting and running beach volleyball tournaments
- Coaching beach volleyball and beach sports sessions – adults and kids
- Closing the venue, includes cashing up and key holder responsibilities
- Setting up and packing down sports equipment
- General venue operational duties including cleaning
- Operating reception – bookings / emails / communication
- Assisting in the café during busy times including food and drinks prep
- Marketing and running events
- Overseeing maintenance of the venue
- Health & safety procedures
- Rotas and budget management
- Social media marketing
- Hiring and training staff
- Meeting financial targets
- Updating records / office admin
Ideal experience and attributes:
- Experience of running a leisure facility or similar setting
- Experience or, as a minimum, an understanding of the demands of hospitality management, ideally with some hands-on experience.
- A coaching qualification in any sport
- Experience of running events or tournaments
- Has excellent customer service
- Confident speaking in front of large groups
- Great written communication
- Organised & highly motivated
- Fantastic with people
- Kind & considerate
- Lives a healthy lifestyle.
- Likes fresh air and physical work
- Great team player mucking in with all jobs
- Excited to learn to play beach volleyball
A part-time hours example might look like:
Essential – must be happy to work weekends and evenings.
Send a covering letter stating why you would like the job, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
A CV alone is not enough to apply for the position and will be rejected.
References and DBS check will be required.
Reference ID: Senior Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Join our mentoring programme and Jump Start your career in the sports industry – HERE