Senior Development Manager
Saracens Foundation is the charitable arm of Saracens Rugby Club. At the heart of everything that the Foundation stands for is the power of sports as a driving force for positive change. Serving the local community within the Borough of Barnet, Hertfordshire, and Essex. We have approximately 30 projects which are delivered to a diverse range of participants.
An exciting opportunity has become available for the position of Senior Development Manager within Saracens Foundation. This is a key role which oversees the delivery of our Rugby Development area of work. It is also a role which sits within our Foundation senior leadership team.
The successful candidate will have an extensive background in the third sector or sport for change industry. They will work with the other SDM’s and Project Officers to deliver high quality projects, whilst developing staff and allowing the teams to grow and improve.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Provide strategic guidance and insight to the Foundation Operational Team, ensuring that business objectives are exceeded in time and within budget
- Lead the development and implementation of the ‘Grow and Improve’ strategy alongside the senior leadership team at the Foundation – Exceeding all business objectives
- An industry expert, who can support peers and staff to develop their key competencies, while ensuring staff feel valued and empowered to excel in their roles
- You demonstrate the business acumen and relationship building skills to rigorously assess our operational partnership requirements, using your industry knowledge and experience to highlight strategic partnerships that can have a positive effect on our projects, areas, or objectives
- A leader who can develop partnerships across the third, public and private sectors, ensuring that our partnerships are created and maintained to ensure all partners feel valued and accountable
- You will also be able to review and understand the businesses and organisations in our geographical area, and are able to reach out and build new partnerships that can provide impacts on projects/Foundation
- Senior Development Managers provide exceptional strategic leadership, they have the acumen to look at business and project performance and drive incremental growth and programme improvements
- A senior leader who has the skills and experience to manage the finances of our projects and areas to ensure that each of our programmes are cost-effective
The role requires the successful candidate to have:
- At least 3 years’ experience of project & people management within the sport for change or similar industry
- Extensive experience in creating and delivering project plans, business plans and charitable strategies
- Demonstrable experience of managing finance budgets, tracking income and expenditure
- Experience of setting, managing, monitoring, and achieving ambitious income and project targets
- Be a creative problem solver with the business acumen to review business performance and identify income generation opportunities
- Proven understanding and experience in leveraging funding for projects and programmes
- Experience in providing strategic guidance and leadership to direct reports ensuring they achieve their individual objectives
- The successful candidate has excellent people skills and able to lead and manage a successful team. The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent people management skills.
- Must be able to drive and have a clean license.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ability to ballot for match tickets for games played at home
The role is full time (37.5 hours) working predominately out of StoneX Stadium. Candidates will be expected to work weekends and weeknights when required.
Watch our ‘Careers in Sports Business’ webinar on YouTube