Summary of Position:
The role of Senior Activity Instructor is to deliver outstanding, structured sport and/or art activities and games to groups of children on our Ultimate Activity Camps. This is a roaming role and so you will not be assigned to any one site. The Roaming Senior Activity Instructor will be assigned a route weekly but will have to react to any emergency changes at short notice.
Using supporting resources, you will be expected to deliver activities to children aged between 4 and 14 years, with the emphasis being on participation, structure, and development. You will also have a pastoral role, being the group leader and key contact for one of the groups of children on camp. You will also be required to support the Camp Manager in performing their duties, supporting new staff and liaising with Head Office etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 6-14, focusing on participation, development, and enjoyment.
- Travel to the camps on their weekly route but remaining prepared to react to last minute changes. Travel expenses to and from the camps will be covered at 20p per mile.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the Camp Manager and/or parents as necessary.
- Supervision of children outside of activity times.
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Activity Camps.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Everyday’ throughout your employment.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
- Qualified in, or working towards relevant qualifications in childcare, sport, art or education, with experience of working with children.
- Ideally have worked with Ultimate Activity Camps before so that they can reliably benefit any camp, in any situation and lead activities across a range of ages.
- Have a valid driving license and use of their own car so they can travel to and from camps in their assigned region.
- Have a mobile phone so that they can keep in touch with the Recruitment and Operations Team who will be deploying them as and when camps require support.
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through play and activity.
- Be flexible and reliable and able to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Experienced in coaching or teaching, able to tailor delivery and structure according to age and ability.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Someone looking for a challenging but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare or coaching industry.
- Senior Activity Instructors will ideally attend a day of managerial training prior to commencing the role.
- Contract: Seasonal work available in school holidays (Easter, Summer and half terms).
- Hours:00am – 6.00pm weekdays. Full time or part time roles available.
- Pay: £350 – £476.30 per week plus holiday pay. Travel expenses to and from camp covered at 20p per mile.
For more information on Ultimate Activity visit their directory page on Careers in Sport.