JOB TITLE: Schools Education Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Schools Education – Education – Foundation
REPORTING TO: Schools Education Manager
JOB FUNCTION: Coordinate and deliver across the breadth of the Schools Education Department’s programmes including funded projects such as Premier League Primary Stars, Premier League Inspires and other funded projects that include equality and diversity programmes, digital education programmes and other schools education initiatives.
LOCATION: Stamford Bridge
CONTRACT: Temporary until 31st August 2021, 40 hours per week.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
• To plan and deliver engaging activities for children and young people participating in the PL Primary Stars programme, PL Inspires and other schools based activities
• To recruit, retain and manage the relationships with schools, educational establishments and other community settings prior to any programme delivery.
• To communicate with schools and educational settings prior to programme to ensure retention, commitment and safeguarding.
• To ensure that all data, monitoring and evaluation is captured and inputted on Views.
• To be a positive role model, creating a safe, positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children and young people to learn.
• To undertake any other Foundation activities that may be required in addition to the role.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
• To ensure that all PL programmes and other schools based programme are delivered within the budgetary constraints.
• To build and maintain a positive working relationship with schools and key partners including local authority and voluntary sector organisations.
• To achieve weekly and monthly targets as set out by the Schools Education Manager.
• To attend regular team and organisation meetings reporting key performance achievements/areas for improvement.
• To demonstrate the ability to drive and innovate new and existing opportunities individually and as part of a dynamic team.
• Ensure success stories are captured through working with Chelsea FC Foundation/Chelsea FC media staff.
• Positive feedback from all partners.
• Educated to degree level or have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the industry sector.
• Minimum NGB Level 2 Sport Coaching Qualification, Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children Certificates.
• 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport .
• FA Level 2 Coaching Qualification.
• HLTA qualification or equivalent.
• Teaching Qualifications (PETTL / PGCE).
• Sports Leader Tutor Qualifications.
• Experience of working with children & young people in primary and secondary school settings.
• Understanding schools needs and challenges.
• Creative mind-set to help design and implement schools programme.
• Knowledge of government agendas related to education and young people.
• Ability to use a range of ICT and Multimedia for design and delivery.
• Ability to manage own timetable, meet multiple deadlines and work flexible hours, which may include evenings and school holidays.
• Experience of coordinating Sessional Staff & Volunteers.
• An understanding of funding streams.
• Experience of working within a range of educational settings.
• Budget management experience.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC Foundation policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.