School Sports and Participation Officer with the Port Vale Foundation Trust
Main Purpose of Role:
You will act as the central point of contact for schools at PVFC Foundation. The post-holder will be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of high-quality sport and educational programmes for schools, both during curriculum time and extra-curricular activity.
The post will oversee the development of our schools offer by designing a variety of projects to be delivered across the national curriculum. Working with other SMT you will then have the responsibility to drive and increase the Foundation’s financial performance relating to work in schools through sales, sponsorship opportunities and grant funding.
Utilising funding provided by the Premier League Charitable Fund, the role will be responsible for developing and implementing the Premier League (PL) Primary Stars programme for children aged between 5 and 11 in primary school settings.
Project Planning and Delivery
- The creation of a profitable and robust revenue generation plan ensuring foundation’s schools programme maximises its reach within the North of Stoke-on-Trent.
- To sustain and develop the Premier League Primary Stars school offer.
- Creating and maintaining a database of direct school contacts across the City.
- Work with other departments and the Football Development Coordinator within the Foundation to ensure effective cross-selling across Port Vale Foundation projects and activities (e.g. schools, soccer schools, coaching clinics and development centres)
- Design and develop a range of curriculums to be delivered in school across subjects including physical education, health and wellbeing, numeracy and literacy.
- Liaise with and maintain relationships with the Premier League, local authority education departments and other relevant partners
- Work with the Foundation Manager and Head of Academy to devise a robust talent pathway to identify players for recommendation to the club’s development centre and academy.
Staff Management and Training
- Oversee the coordination of a team of coaching staff to deliver school sport and educational projects all year-round, including writing and implementing staff rotas.
- Ensure objectives and Key Performance Indicators are aligned with the Foundation’s business plan and annual service plans with core and funded projects.
Marketing and Promotion
- Promote all aspects of the School Sports offer.
- Work closely and effectively with the Projects Manager to maximise the opportunity to cross-sell activities to those attending school and extra-curricular programmes.
- Produce a termly plan to ensure coordinated approach to all delivery, marketing and promotion for schools and football development activities
- Attend or host relevant forums and meetings where appropriate, to increase awareness of the School sports offer and wider work of the Foundation and club.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Financial Management
- Assist the Projects Manager on the annual budgeting and monthly financial performance reports relating to the school sports programme.
- Ensuring financial targets are met and issues with underperformance are addressed through pro-active action planning.
- Oversee the completion of Premier League monitoring and evaluation reports for the Primary Stars Programme and other school-based activities
- Ensure there is a comprehensive quality assurance process in place, aligned to the relevant sections of the National Curriculum
- Provide regular activity reports.
Interested in applying for this position within the Port Vale Foundation Trust? Access careers advice on writing a job application letter and preparing for a job interview via our Careers section of Careers in Sport.