School Sport Coach Apprentice Level 3
Are you passionate about sport and working with children? Then this is the perfect opportunity to gain a Level 3 qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education and School Sport!
The School Sport Coach Apprenticeship offers an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a fun working environment whilst working towards a Level 3 NVQ. This one year teaching and coaching programme will develop your skills and knowledge of sports coaching and activity leadership.
· Work at a Breakfast Club (7.30am – 9am), Lunch time club, PE Lessons and After School Sports Club (3.15pm – 4.15pm) in term time. Work at Holiday Clubs (8am – 6pm) during the school holidays. (shift patterns included)
· Total hours per week: 37.50
The School Sport Coach Apprenticeship offers an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a fun working environment whilst working towards a Level 3 qualification.
This one year Apprenticeship programme will develop your skills and knowledge of delivering a range of fun activities to primary school children.
· Learn how to deliver PE lessons in line with the PE National Curriculum.
· Learn how to plan and deliver safe, fun, engaging extracurricular coaching sessions for children aged 4- 11.
· Learn how to build effective relationships with parents and school staff.
· During this apprenticeship you will be supported by a Regional Manager and Apprentice Assessor
This vacancy is based in South East of England in Bracknell, however you will be expected to travel between Bracknell and Camberley. You will also be required to attend training.
Normal working day for a coach:
· 07:30 – 09:00 – breakfast club
· 10:00 – 12:00 – Admin (planning routes to schools & sessions)
· 13:00 – 15:30 – PE teaching
· 15:30 – 18:30 – Extracurricular activities
· Passionate about developing a career leading children’s activities or sport
· Experience coaching/ playing sport.
· Be able to relate to and engage with children between the ages of 4-11
· Be reliable and passionate over everything else as there will be interaction with many different people both internally and in the schools you work in
· Undertake an enhanced DBS check
· You are a positive role model
· You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
· Keen interest in sport and pursuing a career in sport coaching
· Enjoy working with children
GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English A-C /9-4 desirable but not essential
Full apprenticeship training will be delivered by SCL Education & Training.
· Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education & School Sport
· Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
· Level 2 Food Hygiene
· Level 2 Safeguarding and Protecting Children
· Paediatric First Aid
During your apprenticeship you will be supported by a Regional Manager and Apprentice Assessor.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £7,605.00 to £8,060.00 /year