We are looking for someone who can lead safety within an organisation, with an ability to embrace and create a healthy safety culture, supporting departments in risk management as well as ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
The Safety Lead will need to create guidance and resources in a range of formats, to support learning and development for staff and the wider paddlesport community as well as be able to present and deliver training to a diverse audience.
You will need to demonstrate a broad range of skills and competencies. In particular:
- Understanding of Health & Safety legislation and the application into an organisation
- Ability to influence and promote a healthy safety culture
- An understanding of the diversity of paddlesport and the associated risks
- The ability to identify and solve problems
- Work within budget controls/restraints on British Canoeing projects
- Ability to work within a high performing team
- Good administration and IT skills being able to maintain accurate records