Relationship Manager – West Midlands
This is a very exciting time to join Badminton England as we roll out our new strategy, and this Relationship Manager role in crucial in its delivery.
You will play a key role in translating organisational strategy into local plans, prioritising key target areas, and working with identified partners to maximise delivery of our strategic targets. Developing an in depth knowledge of the West Midlands through insight and local relationships, you will identify opportunities for success and overcome challenges faced through an innovative and proactive approach.
Working with internal teams and with key stakeholders, you will drive participation and development of the badminton system within the West Midlands, with the autonomy and ownership to determine the best approach for success. Championing an inclusive approach with partners, you will lead on translating our high-level commitment to be the nation’s most accessible, diverse, and inclusive sport into local practice.
It is also an exciting time to be leading development across the West Midlands. You will be responsible for maximising the opportunity that comes with the Yonex All England and Commonwealth Games being hosted in Birmingham and leading the legacy plans associated with these major events.
- To lead the implementation of Badminton England’s strategy within an agreed area with a primary focus on the growth of badminton and developing the badminton system.
- To identify partners that can support delivery of Badminton England strategy and develop and manage an ongoing relationship with those partners that maximises delivery of strategic targets.
- Lead on legacy planning and delivery for the Yonex All England Championships and Commonwealth Games 2022.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Through in depth knowledge of the region, Identify key areas within the region to maximise opportunities to deliver Badminton England’s strategic objectives.
- Lead the growth of badminton within your region through effective support, advice, and guidance to key partners
- Identify and then build and maintain excellent relationships with key partners and stakeholders to deliver Badminton England’s strategic targets
- Working with internal and external partners to further develop legacy plans associated with Yonex All England and Commonwealth Games and working with identified stakeholders to deliver identified outcomes.
- Facilitate access to services and products for key partners and stakeholders to deliver Badminton England strategic objectives
- Support the protection and enhancement of facility provision in the area with an excellent understanding of the current situation and driving alternative approaches to facility management and operation
- Maintain an up to date understanding of customers and customer needs and embed customer insight in delivery across all partners
- Maximise data collection with partners and stakeholders through effective use of Badminton England platforms and CRM system
- Identify, secure, and deploy external funding to support local delivery
- Embed inclusion and legacy into work of key partners
- Track progress against KPIs and allocate time/resources most effectively to maximise return
- Ensure delivery of Badminton England strategy in coaching, competition, and talent
- Contribute to the development of national policy by undertaking local projects determined by geographical need
- Ability to lead and influence partners and stakeholders to deliver strategic goals and agreed targets
- Ability to think strategically, developing a vision for the region and delivering this through local delivery plans.
- Experience of using available insight to identify opportunities and develop successful delivery plans
- Knowing when to be innovative and creative in approach to overcome existing challenges
- Track record of achievement in delivering strategic targets
- Strong customer service orientation to underpin customer acquisition and retention
- Proven track record of utilising products and services to meet customer need
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast moving environment and use initiative to seize opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive internal and external relationships at all levels
- Managing multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Accepting responsibility and responding promptly to the need for effective decision making
- Communicating, presenting, and influencing credibly and effectively at all levels
- Ability to work remotely whilst also contributing to cross collaboration working
- Commitment to sports equality and an ability to gain buy in to equality objectives
Location: Remote based
Working hours: Full-time 35.58 hours per week.
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 Depending on Experience
Closing Date – 1st March 2022
Careers in Sport mentoring programme – Further Details HERE
Badminton England – Marketing Manager job vacancy