The Regional Manager is responsible for achieving and sustaining a growing and profitable business within the region through increased sales and delivering an outstanding customer experience, ensuring SCL becomes the largest provider of school sport, wrap around care and holiday activities within the regions we operate.
The Regional Manager will be based at our office in Sandhurst but look after the schools and staff operating in Hampshire, therefore there will be travel involved in the role within this region.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Conduct termly contractual face to face meetings with the Head teacher or Key Decision Maker of each school or venue in the region with the purpose of evaluating performance, assessing satisfaction levels and identifying new opportunities.
- Build strong, lasting relationships with all Key Influencers within each school or venue.
- Ensure that every Tutor and Apprentice forms positive relationships with all school or venue staff.
- Ensure CRM database is up to date and accurate at all times.
- Achieve contract retention targets and put strategies in place to resolve any retention concerns.
- Ensure the region meets budgeted income targets for each service during each financial year.
- Achieve Net Promoter Score target.
- Adhere to the expenditure budget for the region for each financial year.
- All new services launched effectively with resources and staff.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of any children in SCL’s care throughout your region.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of staff delivering SCL services throughout your region.
- Ensure an outstanding service is delivered in every school across all services. Achieving a minimum grade of ‘Good’ in all Ofsted inspections.
- Manage staff performance, and ensure they are meeting the required delivery standards for observations.
- Identify areas of weakness throughout the region, then create and execute improvement plans.
- Develop plans to increase levels of satisfaction across all schools or venues.
- Ensure the region is adequately resourced at all times for existing business.
- Achieve greater than 85% (good or outstanding) in customer satisfaction survey.
- Conduct both face to face and practical interviews for any new or replacement staff within your region.
- Work with the Warehouse Manager to ensure your venues have correct levels of equipment.
- Lead and inspire a team of Coaches, Childcare practitioners and Apprentices to ensure they are delivering an outstanding service within their schools.
- Motivate the team to achieve the highest performance standards.
- Manage the performance of the team through Personal Development Plans and KPI reviews.
- Ensure each team member has the required qualifications and standards.
- Ensure each team member has the required security clearance and DBS checks.
- Conduct half termly KPI reviews with each member of staff.
- Conduct team performance meetings at least once per term, addressing under performance, over performance and outstanding achievements.
- Ensure thorough induction of all new staff including equipment and uniform allocation.
- Achieve staff satisfaction targets.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Teaching or coaching experience within the primary sector.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to build working relationships with external providers and senior management.
- Strong understanding of Safeguarding and Ofsted requirements.
- Strong communication and self-motivation skills.
- GCSE English and Maths (C or above or key skills equivalent).
- Enhanced DBS check – or willing to get one.
- Valid driving licence and own transport.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience of managing a high performing team
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family- We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme -We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training- We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Company wide Socials- A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services- Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers- Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers.
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to SCL, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, but are not limited to; reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification checks.
NB.Although we do our best to reply to every application,if you have not received a reply within 2 weeks of your application please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.