We are inviting applications for the following voluntary position: –
England Golf Boy’s Regional Manager – Yorkshire Region
Passionate about golf and its benefits?
Interested in helping juniors develop through the game?
Keen to make a difference?
If so, England Golf have a fantastic volunteer opportunity to join our team in the position of Regional Manager to the Boy’s Yorkshire Regional Squad (U18). The Yorkshire Region comprises the geographical area and clubs of the Yorkshire Union of Golf Clubs.
The role involves supporting the development of talented junior golfers alongside our regional coaches, providing a great chance to make an impact in the game through a rewarding volunteer position.
“As a Regional Manager, I had the opportunity to make a difference to mentor and encourage the nation’s young golfers to be “the best they can be”. I’m part of a close team, exploring innovative ways to bring the best out of our potential England players. I enjoy at first hand watching their progress from regional to national level and ultimately successful tour players. There is nothing more rewarding than watching your players succeed and knowing you were a part of their journey.”
England Boys Selector
(Volunteer of the Year 2016)
Requirements of the applicant
- Enthusiastic, personable and committed;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Sound management skills;
- Able to inspire and motivate junior golfers;
- Dedicated to supporting junior golf development;
- A working knowledge of elite junior golf / or a willingness to learn.
England Golf Safeguarding and Protecting Children Requirements
This role has been identified as involving access to vulnerable adults and/or children and in line with England Golf policy persons undertaking this role will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service Disclosure Check and must also have attended a Safeguarding and Protecting Children course (SPC) or be willing to undertake one.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The focus of the role will be to assist the Regional Coach with the delivery of the Regional Coaching Programme and to successfully manage and mentor the players to give them the best environment for their golf development;
- Manage a squad which will comprise of a maximum of eight players each chosen at an Assessment Weekend;
- Attend up to 30 days of coaching, plus attendance at the England Golf Performance Conference, coach and manager education days and any relevant team meetings and tournament attendance.
England Golf will provide…
- A budget towards out of pocket expenses;
- England Golf branded kit from our sponsorship partners (depending on sizes and availability);
- Opportunities for training and development;
- Guidance and support from the Performance Manger and wider team.
How to apply
Please visit www.englandgolf.org/about-us/jobs/ to view the full advert, role description and to apply. Anyone interested in the role who would like more information, please contact Stephen Burnett, Performance Manager (Men’s Golf), on 07805754962.
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th July 2020
Interviews by conference call will take place in the week commencing Monday 13th July 2020
Interested in applying for this Regional Manager job vacancy? Access our ‘Careers Advice’ section offering ideas on creating a powerful CV and letter of application.