Job Vacancy – Community Trust Publicity Officer
Location: Liberty Stadium, Swansea, SA1 2FA
Reporting to: Head of Programmes
Contract Type: one-year fixed term
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Job Role: Community Trust Publicity Officer
Job Purpose: The purpose of the role is to increase the exposure of the Community Trust – promoting our charitable activities and programmes through social media channels, club website, matchday programme and other communications channels.
• Taking the lead on covering Community Trust events. This work includes attending events, writing stories, conducting interviews at events, photography and assisting with arranging player appearances.
• Manage all Community Trust communication through social media, website and matchday programme.
• Liaising with the Community Trust project coordinators to create news stories and explore all opportunities to promote the Trust’s work within the community.
• Design creative social media content to drive engagement especially with our target audience.
• Managing and arranging all player appearances at Trust-based events and activities
• Producing content for Community Trust newsletter for CRM
• Producing video packages for events, case studies and campaigns for use on social media and submission to the Premier League/other funders and partners
• Ensuring all Trust publicity complies with Club guidelines on brand protection.
• Producing creative briefs for the creation of high-quality design material
• Offering creative copywriting skills and producing good quality photography images
• Ensuring all aspects of safeguarding and GDPR are considered.
• Attending additional training and CPD opportunities linked to the role.
• Full coverage of under-23s and under-18s’ home and away matches (expenses covered for away travel where needed). This includes writing previews, match reports, reaction articles and post-match player/manager interviews.
• Assist with matchday coverage of first-team fixtures across club channels where possible, depending on prioritisation of under-23 and under-18 fixtures.
• Contribute to first team matchday programme content as writer and editor including; the Community Trust section, coverage of the under-23s, opposition analysis and player features.
• Writing unique content for the club website.
• Publication of club notifications including team news to all subscribing mobile devices.
mobile phone, laptop