|Remuneration + benefits||· £Competitive, depending on experience and qualifications
· 28 days holidays per year (including bank holidays)
· Long service holidays
· Free parking
|Contract type:||· Permanent
· Full time: 35 hours per week: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. However, there will be a requirement to work outside of these hours to suit the needs of the role.
|Location:||· Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX
· Barnfield Training Centre, Habergham Drive, Padiham, BB12 8UA
|Closing date:||Wednesday 6th October 2021 @ 9am. However, should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.|
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history, located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
A brand-new exciting opportunity has become available for a Psychologist.
This role shows a real commitment to the wellbeing of our staff and players at a pivotal time of transition and change for Burnley Football Club.
Reporting to the club’s medical team, the Psychologist will work across the whole club to deliver, develop and manage our Mental Health Strategy.
The Psychologist will be expected to:
- Lead, deliver and manage the Club’s mental health strategy.
- Support Club staff and players assessing their needs, abilities or behaviour using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews, and direct observation of their behaviour.
- Managing, supporting and clinically supervising the Academy’s Psychologist.
- Devise, monitor and adapt appropriate treatment programs, including therapy, counselling, or advice, in collaboration with colleagues.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, physiotherapist, social workers, education professionals, psychiatrists, and occupational therapists.
- Offer therapy and treatments for issues relating to a range of mental health conditions with a performance-based focus.
- Work with the Club’s Head of Safeguarding to ensure that our strategy complies with Premier League requirements and meets audit expectations.
- Promote the Burnley FC brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Willingness to attend training courses including Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity.
- Always demonstrate the Club’s values.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
An ideal candidate will be a Chartered Clinical Psychologist with HCPC registration and have;
- Experience in the development and implementation of mental health pathway within an organisation.
- Experience in providing education related to mental health at multiple levels.
- The ability to recognise your own limitations and respond to difficult situations.
- The ability to apply knowledge of academic psychology and research to clinical problems.
- Empathy and have a person-centred approach to clients.
- A full driving licence and access to transport.
- A flexible attitude towards working hours.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the Burnley Football Club website. Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Careers in Sport and Exercise Science webinar on YouTube