The Project Officer for disABILITY will be responsible for delivering, developing and co-ordinating projects within the disABILITY area of the Foundation – aiming to improve the life opportunities of people with both physical and learning disabilities. It is a hands on role and will require the post holder to be innovative in developing and delivering existing and new projects to meet the Foundation strategy.
The requirements of the role will include but not limited to:
- Assists in the development of creative ideas to improve projects, engage beneficiaries, and provide the greatest impact on people and communities
- Project Officers support and lead in the design, delivery and coordination of projects, including budgeting and administration
- Ensures that work produced meets all objectives set, is done by the agreed time to the highest standard and achieves the best possible outcome for the Foundation
- Coordinate and manage casual staff to ensure high quality and safe delivery that exceeds expectations
The post holder will have extensive knowledge and understanding of the ‘sport for change’ landscape and the impact of these projects through from conception to post delivery and at the same time also understand the potential barriers in participation that are faced within this environment. This will require the successful candidate to be a ‘people person’ with great people management skills coupled with excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
The role is full time (37.5 hours) and will be based out of StoneX Stadium or at home if COVID restrictions are still in place. There will also be an expectation to deliver across areas of responsibility in Hertfordshire and North London. Candidates will be expected to work weekends and weeknights when required.
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and covering letter outlining suitability to the role and address the below questions within the covering letter.
- What personal traits you feel will support people with disabilities access our projects?
- We understand that not all applicants will have direct experience of working with people with learning difficulties. What knowledge and experience can you carry over to support working on inclusive projects like these?
Applications should be sent to Sangita Asani, HR Manager
Access our Careers in… webinar series on our YouTube channel.