The role of Primary School Sports Coach (Cover) is a great opportunity for an individual wishing to inspire young children. The role includes the delivery of sports coaching and teaching a range of extra-curricular activity and sports clubs, for children of all abilities.
We are searching for potential stars who can join our exceptional team within local Primary Schools, by providing fun and energetic activities for children aged 4 – 11 years. Our Primary Education teams are provided with outstanding opportunities to craft their career in Education and Sport.
This is a full time role, but you will not have a set time table. Instead you will cover staff sickness and annual leave within your region. This will mean covering at schools within Farnborough, Fleet, Aldershot and Basingstoke.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver a range of services to primary school age children in local schools and communities, including:
- PE Lesson Delivery
- Teacher Training through PE
- After-school clubs
- Holiday clubs
- INSET days
- Ensure a fun and energetic service is delivered in line with SCL standards.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children at all times.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with parents, children and School staff.
- Develop and maintain accurate planning, ensuring all administration work is completed.
- Actively promote SCL activities to new and existing SCL Schools and Parents.
Qualifications and Skills
- Level 2 Sports Coaching qualification.
- Have a fun and energetic nature.
- Be an inspirational individual who can bring creativeness to the Primary Education Department.
- Be reliable and passionate over everything else as there will be interaction with many different people both internally and in the schools you work in.
- Be able to relate to and engage with children between the ages of 4-11.
- Enjoy building strong relationships with parents and Headteachers.
- Undertake an enhanced DBS Check.
What SCL Offers
- Attractive benefits for you and your family- We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff.
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme -We make sure excellence is recognised at every quarter and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards.
- Outstanding internal promotion prospectsand training opportunities- We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential.
- Companywide Socials- A chance for the entire company to get together on a regular basis.
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services- Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions.
- Childcare vouchers- Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers.
- Bonus ASCC Benefit- First Child free and 50% off any subsequent children attending the After School Care Club you work at.
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to SCL, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, but are not limited to; reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification checks.
NB.Although we do our best to reply to every application,if you have not received a reply within 2 weeks of your application please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.