Youth Engagement Officer
Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust currently has a vacancy for a Youth Engagement Officer as part of a new and exciting project funded through the Premier League Charitable Fund, in partnership with BBC Children in Need. This post offers an opportunity to be part of a charity that uses sport, physical activity and learning as tools for social good.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and passionate individual with a proven track record of working with marginalized groups of young people aged 12-16 years, and supporting them to reach their full potential. Some of these young people may have complex challenges in their lives and may be on the cusp of school expulsion or criminal activity. The Officer will be based at our community hub in Harrow and will develop a youth offer by working closely with a range of partners, including the Met Police, Harrow Council’s Youth Offending Team, secondary schools, as well as parents and carers. The Officer will also be expected to closely monitor and evaluate the impact and outcomes achieved throughout the duration of the project.
The role will also include working on matchday activities and seasonal events run by the Trust, as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
• A minimum two year record of working with hard to engage young people in a range of settings.
• Level 3 Youth Support Worker qualification or Level 3 Diploma in Youth Work Practice.
• Success in building relationships and working collaboratively with a range of partners.
• Ability to plan and organize effectively, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
• Ability to contribute towards internal and external evaluation processes.
• Proficient IT skills.
• Experience of working with budgets.
• A passion to make a difference through mentoring and training.
• A full and valid UK driving licence with access to a vehicle for business use.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work some evenings and weekends. In return for your dedication to this role we will support and develop the successful candidate.
Interested in a career in football? Access careers advice and interviews with professionals working in the football industry at our ‘Careers in Football’ section.