Girls Community Coach
Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust has a vacancy for a part-time Girls Community Coach as part of a new and exciting project through our London United partnership and funding from the London Marathon Charitable Trust. This post offers an opportunity to be part of a charity that uses sport, physical activity and learning as tools for social good.
The person appointed will be responsible for coordinating and delivering the project, working with colleagues and partner organisations in Harrow and Hillingdon. The successful candidate will consult with young people to identify suitable provision and will be expected to provide activities which overcome some of the existing barriers to girls and young women’s participation and engagement. We anticipate sessions will be provided after school, in the evenings and possibly at weekends, at a range of community settings.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and passionate individual with a proven track record of working with females aged 8-17 years, and supporting them to reach their full potential. The Community Coach will be expected to monitor and evaluate the impact and outcomes achieved, throughout the duration of the project. The role will also include working on occasional matchday activities and seasonal events run by the Trust, as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
• A proven track record of working with young females in a range of settings.
• FA Level 2 football coaching qualification.
• Ability to plan and organise effectively, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
• Ability to contribute towards internal and external evaluation processes.
• Proficient IT skills.
• Experience of working with budgets.
• A passion to make a difference through fun, engaging and focused delivery.
• A full and valid UK driving licence with access to a vehicle for business use.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work some evenings and weekends. In return for your dedication to this role we will support and develop the successful candidate.
Interested in applying for this job vacancy? Access careers advice on how to write a letter of application and preparing for a job interview on our ‘Careers‘ section.