Job Vacancy – Premier League Kicks Coach (Inclusion)
Location: Based at the Liberty stadium but delivering sessions across Southwest Wales
Reporting to: Youth Engagement Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 28 hours per week (mostly evenings and occasional weekends)
Salary: £19,000.00 FTE (£15,200 pro-rata)
Benefits: Use of company Van, mobile phone, laptop
Job Role: Premier League Kicks Coach (Inclusion)
Job Purpose: To lead on the delivery of Premier League Kicks activities with a particular focus on engaging disabled participants. The Premier League Kicks coach will work closely with the Youth Engagement Manager, as well as a range of partners to further develop our offer and ensure young people attending continue to benefit from the Premier League Kicks project.
- Lead on the delivery of engaging football and multisport activities in areas of deprivation as part of the PL Kicks project.
- Lead on the delivery of all the Trust’s inclusive provision including PL Kicks sessions, after school clubs and soccer camps.
- To effectively engage with hard-to-reach young people (ages 8-18) at sessions; acting as a positive role model to inspire, motivate and empower young people to realise their potential.
- To be responsible for the recruitment of participants to the sessions. This can involve the delivery of taster sessions in schools as well as the circulation of high-quality marketing materiel provided by the club marketing team.
- Manage part time kicks coaches, sessional staff and volunteers to ensure that sessions are delivered to the highest quality.
- To support the Youth Engagement Manager with the creation of casual staff timetables to ensure all sessions are adequately staffed.
- Ensure all aspects of safeguarding are integrated across the delivery of the project and all activities are delivered in a safe and suitable manner
- To delivery fun and engaging football sessions during the holiday periods as part of our soccer camp offer.
- To support in the creation and delivery of workshops and activities to educate and empower participants, predominantly around topics of crime and consequences and mental well-being.
- To support with the delivery of social action projects, tournaments and other events related to the Premier League Kicks project.
- To work closely with local communities to identify suitable locations for the delivery of PL Kicks, and to ensure our Kicks offer continues to meet the needs of these communities.
- Develop local networks, with other agencies involved in sport and youth work in Swansea and South West Wales.
- Ensure all participants attending the sessions are registered correctly and data is collected in accordance with GDPR principles.
- Ensure that all data is collected and processed correctly and accurately, is up to date and uploaded to our online monitoring system, VIEWS.
- To survey participants attending sessions to gauge feedback on activities and to demonstrate the impact of the project.
- To complete monitoring returns and constantly review the programme to ensure the project achieves its desired outcomes.
- Attend additional training and CPD opportunities linked to the role
- To represent Premier League Kicks & Swansea City AFC Community Trust at relevant activities, conferences, competitions and other events relating to the project.
- To contribute to Community Trust success by accepting new assignments, helping team members, learning new skills, and striving to improve team results.
The duties listed above are not exhaustive and may be varied from time to time as dictated by the changing needs of the organisation. The post holder will be expected to undertake other duties as appropriate and as requested by his/her manager.