Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history, located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
Burnley FC Academy are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to support the holistic development and welfare of players, families, and staff. The role will report to the Head of Education and will essentially co-ordinate and oversee the induction and transition of Academy players, the Academy Lifestyle programme and to support across wider department/Academy programmes.
The role will also link closely with the Club’s Head of Safeguarding as the Player Care Officer will act as the Designated Safeguarding Lead within the Academy.
Reporting to the Head of Education, the Player Care Officer will also be expected to:
- Co-ordinate the lifestyle programme across all phases linking in with specialist staff internally and externally.
- Support the Head of Education in developing and co-ordinating age-specific parent workshops across the Academy Phases.
- Support the Education department with the Hybrid Training Model ‘supported study sessions’ on a minimum of 2 evenings per week.
- Co-ordinate the accommodation plan and liaise closely with host families in the provision of accommodation for players that require it including players on trial.
- Be a point of call for host families out of hours in an emergency and to respond to the emergency if required.
- Develop existing and recruit new Academy accommodation provision.
- Attend weekly operational meetings and phase specific meetings as well as organising and attend any external meetings organised by the Premier League.
- Be a presence across all age groups, attending training sessions, trip, tours, and games to make sure that the young players and their parents know who to speak to with any worries or concerns they may have.
- Ensure that all Trip and Tours are planned well, and that risk is managed from a safeguarding perspective.
- Support the Head of Safeguarding to review various Safeguarding Policies annually.
- Ensure that all Academy staff are fully informed about and have access to our MyConcern reporting system.
- Work with the Head of Safeguarding to ensure that the Academy is compliant with EPPP requirements for audit.
- Seek out opportunities for the Scholars to attend sessions within BFCitC to understand the Community in which they work.
- Ensuring that the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines are followed across and use this understanding to maintain safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Comply with all Club policies.
- Promote the Burnley FC brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Hold a flexible approach to work.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Previous experience of working with young people and their parents.
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding and welfare.
- Understanding of the demands of young footballers/elite performers.
- Previous experience of coordinating programmes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work within a team and foster good working relationships.
- Knowledge in the emotional and wellbeing demands on elite performers.
- Previous experience of working in a high-performance environment and/or working with elite performers.
- Previous experience of leading groups of young people on trips.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the Burnley Football Club website (alternative format available upon request). Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the Burnley Football Club.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.