The purpose of the role is to assist the Head of Player Care and Player Care Administrator by supporting the players and be the link between the players and management staff.
- To provide full support to the Head of Player Care in managing the welfare of the 1st Team players & families in terms of relocation, induction, integration and ongoing home-life requirements.
- Support the Academy welfare staff in integration with the U23s Squad, with particular focus on away travel, trialists and loan players.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with staff and players from both Rush Green (1st Team) and Chadwell Heath (Academy) and promote a strong link between the two sites.
- Travel with the 1st Team or U23s as required to cover staff as operational lead.
- Maintain and update a full supplier list, working with Commercial, Operations & Academy departments to ensure the best services and efficiencies are achieved.
- Cover the Head of Player Care when they are away from Rush Green or unable to be contacted.
- Create and implement a “Family Programme” to better integrate the partners and children with each other and the Player Care team.
- Manage the player lounge & player guest parking at home fixtures.
- Collate the academy international duty call ups and circulate to relevant departments.
- Assist with the management and delivery of player appearances.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter and return e-mail address to email@example.com by 15th June 2018. We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible as we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than advertised.
Once you have applied for this role you are required to complete an equal opportunities survey to allow the Club to monitor the success of its equality initiatives. The survey will take two minutes and can be access using the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WHU_Equal_Opportunities.