Location: Sparrows Lane Training Ground, South East London or as required
Salary: £8 per hour
Hours: P/T (Academy Matchdays)
Closing date: 23 March 2018
Charlton Athletics’ Youth Academy is one of the most successful football academies in the country – there’s a unique opportunity to be a part of this great organisation. Interested? Read on…
Successful applicants will have an excellent opportunity to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team in an elite youth football environment alongside coaches, analysts, physiotherapists, sports scientists and strength & conditioning coaches. Therapists will be provided with club kit and medical supplies.
Candidates will be required to participate in a flexible rota which aims to cover matchdays home/away and national/international tournaments.
- Provide pitch side first aid support including assessment and treatment of academy players during matches;
- Complete accurate and timely documentation for any injuries sustained onto the online notes system;
- Communicate effectively with coaching, management, medical and sport science staff regarding player fitness and availability;
- Act in a professional manor whilst representing Charlton Athletic FC;
- Understand and implement the clubs emergency medical procedures during a match;
- Promote and support all members and policies of the Medical Department;
- To undertake CPD organised by the Club;
- Any other duties appropriate to the skills and experience of the position holder.
- Currently studying towards or successfully completed a BSc degree in Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy (E);
- Registration with appropriate governing body (HPC and CSP) (E);
- Gym-based qualifications (E);
- Demonstrate an understanding of paediatric sports injuries and acute injury management (E);
- Attend a child protection/safeguarding workshop and undergo an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services check) (E);
- Hold a valid driving licence and be able to travel independently as required (D);
- Ideally working towards IFAS/AREA;
- Have previous pitch side first aid experience within sport (D);
We’d love to hear from you if you believe you can meet the challenges of working within an elite sporting environment.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.