Title: Personal Trainer Independent End Point Assessor
Location: Home based with travel (Contract for services)
Reporting to: End Point Assessment Manager
Elite Awarding is approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) as an End Point Assessment Organisaton for the Community Activator standard, Community Sport and Health Officer and Personal Trainer.
Elite Awarding is currently looking for professional assessors with excellent personal training occupational competency to join our Independent End-point Assessment (EPA) team.
- Conducting Independent EPA in line with the Personal Trainer Apprenticeship Standard Assessment Plan
- Assessing and documenting apprentice competence against industry specific apprenticeship standards, at designated venues using the stated assessment methods
- Reporting to the EPA Manager and contributing to the ongoing quality assurance and audit requirements of the business
- Completing actions identified by the EPA manager in terms of the internal quality assurance process within the required timescale
- Identifying and reporting areas of best practice and development as required
- Actively participating in required assessment and CPD training, standardisation and moderation activities, ensuring a consistent approach to independent end-point assessment
- Providing advice and support on end-point assessment sites and to the Independent End-point Assessment team
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of Elite’s policies and procedures
- Working overnight and at weekends as is reasonably required
- Travelling and managing own time effectively to meet EPA requirements
Skills and Occupational Requirements
- Hold a recognised learning / training / teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS) or hold a current assessor qualification. For example, CAVA, A1 or D32/33.
- Have at least 12 months’ experience of responsibility for the workplace competence assessment of a personal trainer
- Undertake and record planned and relevant Continuous Professional Development. A minimum of 24 hours per annum is expected covering both vocational and assessment competence.
- Experience should be validated as appropriate by at least two referees of appropriate standing
- Demonstrate well developed ICT skills and show competence with e-portfolios and online communication
- Hold a full UK driving license and have own vehicle
- Have personal PC / laptop and communication devices and skills appropriate for the role
Behaviours and Attributes
- Drive, determination and real passion for personal training
- Professional, self-motivated and able to contribute towards a positive team working environment
- Alignment with the company’s purpose, values and ways of working
- Well organised and efficient with the ability to manage own time effectively and independently
- Confident, strong communicator who is articulate and empathetic
Between £150-200 per day dependent on experience
Travel and other reasonable expenses paid
How to Apply?
If you are interested in the above vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV. Include two appropriate referees who can validate your experience.
Elite will review information and then shortlist candidates. Elite will then contact successful applicants with an interview time, date and location. Interviews will be conducted remotely using Teams.
Sources of further information:
Visit our business page on LinkedIn for further information – Elite Awarding